Author Topic: Chocolate Nut Clusters  (Read 4367 times)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
Chocolate Nut Clusters
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:35:32 AM »
Good Morning!!

Thought I would share this candy recipe because I LOVE IT and all of my non-low carb friends love it too......

12 bars of Chocoperfection bars
1 T Coconut Oil
4 oz chopped mixed nuts
12 drops liquid Stevia (use however many drops you want for how sweet you like it)

Melt the chocolate bars in the top of a double boiler.  Add everything else & stir together.  Use a 24 count mini muffin pan which I line with mini liners.  Fill and cool.  I keep the finished candy in the fridge and have 1-2 in the evenings with a cup of hot tea.  Each candy has approximately 1.5 grams of net carbs.  I hope ya'll like it  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chocolate Nut Clusters
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:09:06 AM »
chocoperfection bars?who makes them Kim? :o

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »
Hi Kim

Of course your recipe got my attention...LOL  I just love my chocolate.  I went on a search for the Chocoperfection bars that you listed and found this.  http://www.amazon.com/ChocoPerfection-Sugar-Free-Dark-Chocolate/dp/B000P49A0W  Do you get them anywhere else that is cheaper?  I'm not sure I would want to share with too many friends if the price was that much to make it...LOL   Can you point us in a good direction for ingredients?   

joagain

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »
maybe bakers chocolate or sugar free chocolate chips . or SF hershey bars ?  My hubbies hours have taken a drastic cut hoping he is not going to get laid off . So that means no ordering for me and I am out of xylitol   >:( :( :'(

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 02:50:12 PM »
Oh man Jo  :'(  I hate when I'm out of sweetener.    I am sending payers that your hubs can return to his normal hours.  I hate the shape our economy is in.  :(  

I was going to suggest Umpas recipe for sugar free chocolate.  Might be a little easier on the wallet  ;)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »
Oh my goodness....I just checked out this website and 12 bars are quite pricey and the recipe takes 12 bars ??
Since the bars are 1.8 oz each then would Baker's unsweeted 8oz (1 box and 1/2 box) replace them?  The problem I see there is that 1 oz square (8 each) would be 4 carbs (serving size is 1/2 square for 4 carb and fiber 2 with a net of 2) total servings of 16x2 = 32 for whole box!  This recipe would be 48 carbs for a box and 1/2 of Baker's, not counting carbs for the nuts....maybe not on my "fix this now" list.  This one goes on the back burner until I've met my goal LOL
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 03:05:07 PM »
maybe bakers chocolate or sugar free chocolate chips . or SF hershey bars ?  My hubbies hours have taken a drastic cut hoping he is not going to get laid off . So that means no ordering for me and I am out of xylitol   >:( :( :'(

So sorry to hear that, Jo. ???

I'm praying for you guys!
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »
WOW!!!... That chocolate costs $2.31 an ounce!!! :o :o :o :o :o

A bit too rich for my blood (excuse the pun).
I'll stick to xylitol and baker's chocolate squares.
What you do today is what matters!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »
I know a lot of the products I have been buying since I started FTS (xylitol, sugar free syrups, fresh veggies, etc.) seem to cost more but I am afraid if I ordered this chocolate my hubby would have a fit! LOL
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 03:52:09 PM »
Just don't share  :)  they last a long time though 1fills you up its high in fiber.  The least expensive place to purchase is netrition that I have found. 

joagain

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
Thanks Tony !!! WE need the prayers

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
The answer is to make a smaller batch ;)