Author Topic: Husband asking Question!  (Read 4574 times)

ladyluck

• View Profile
Husband asking Question!
« on: January 30, 2012, 09:01:14 AM »
Wow this is the first time in 29 years that my husband came up staires and I was making his sandwich for his lunch and he said isn't that poison, I looked at him like he was crazy...I said no I just bought that bread haha, who knew he's been listened!Well that was my opening to tell him about FTS then we sat down and I showed him a few of Doug's video, I love Doug's passion for FTS and Hubby was impressed with the food videos.My favorite is when Doug shows people how much sugar is in food that people thought they were eating good.My hubby was told him he is type 2 diabetes this year and is on Met formin so this is perfect timing.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Husband asking Question!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »
He is gonna do great! Its gonna make it easier for you too ;)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:11:37 AM »
That's wonderful Barb!!  Sounds like you are married to a smart man  ;)  Many folks like myself have been able to completely come off of diabetes meds by following this lifestyle.  I feel better than I have in a long time now that I have control.... ;D    To me as a diabetic that bread is poison...LOL

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 01:56:05 PM »
... To me as a diabetic that bread is poison...LOL

Yes it is!... I remind myself of that when I see a sandwich in the deli at the grocery store.
Like Doug, I try to stay clear of the deli. But sometimes, it's the only place in the store that has the cold cuts or cheeses I want.

And Barb, I was on Metformin for about 5 years and was taken off it back in March 2011 thanks to FTS.
Your hubby and you are going to do great!
It's so much easier when both spouses are on the same page! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
I guess I can tell my real name is Lynn, I don't know why I picked ladyluck a few years ago I guess it was wishful thinking lol.I remember Umpa and I share the same birthday only mine is in 1957.I having another great FTS day can't wait to check weight loss next week.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
I guess I can tell my real name is Lynn, ...

It's nice to meet you, Lynn! :) :) :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
Nice to meet you lynn! Gotta love a Sag! ;)

Rena

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »
Good luck to you and your husband, Lynn.

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 03:48:20 PM »
Thanks everyone, some days it seem so easy to eat this way. One thing I notice it takes a lot more work to prepare and have everything clean chopped and ready to make, but anything worth putting in your mouth should be. I know all the crap that most of us use to eat was garbage anyways.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
... One thing I notice it takes a lot more work to prepare and have everything clean chopped and ready to make, but anything worth putting in your mouth should be. I know all the crap that most of us use to eat was garbage anyways.

Hi Lynn! :)

I found that doing all that chopping, preparing snacks, and reheatable meals one day a week, frees up my time for other things.

I often make desserts (like Umpa's Heavenly Coconut Cake), cut it into serving sizes and freeze them.
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=124.msg257#msg257
When we want some, just zap a piece in the microwave and top with whipped cream, SF jam, etc..

During the winter months, I will make a big pot of soup or stew, divide it into servings, and put them into the freezer.
That way, when my wife or I would like some, we just pull some from the freezer and heat it up in the microwave.

Also that day, I'll chop up things like celery, onions, cabbage, etc. and put them in zip lock bags.
When a recipe calls for some, I just grab a bag from the fridge!

The longer you live this lifestyle, the easier it gets.
I found that if you think ahead and prepare, it's just that much easier! ;)

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 06:10:07 PM »
Good idea mouseissue...one day prep will make it easy for the rest of the week, I love soup and it's a good time of the year to eat it. I am having a really good week so I hope it shows up on Monday when I weigh in.I try to do a half hour on my exercise bike to help with a torn meniscus(sp).

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
I try to get 20 minutes or more of exercise everyday,helps with the menopause.Sometimes its riding my bike,archery,walking on treadmill,yoga or tai chi.I have to mix it up because I have a short attention span like a 2 year old! :D :D :D

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
I hurt my knee back in April and it has really helped, as soon as it gets nicer here I will also like to add a walk with my sister-in-law in the evening.I have to be watching a good show when I'm on my bike or I'm looking at that clock steady lol.I'm also in that menopause stage in my life I didn't realize that exercise will help that thanks for that info.

joagain

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 06:24:18 AM »
BAd knee and Menopause welcome to my world ! LOL

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 08:35:09 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D Your funny Joagain!!!