Author Topic: New York Syle Cheese Cake  (Read 3828 times)

travelus

• View Profile
New York Syle Cheese Cake
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:19:48 PM »
I love cheese cake and wonder if I could fine a recipe for it and I did and it is keeping with our carb.
So I share with everyone.

Crust
1 1/2 cups almond flour
6 Tbsp Splenda
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted

Filling:
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups Splenda
3 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract
16 ounces sour cream

Make Crust: Mix Splenda and almond flour with melted butter; press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside while mixing filling.

Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, keeping the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process. Add Splenda a little at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat very briefly after each egg. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese add vanilla and mix briefly, just until combined. Add the sour cream last and beat briefly.

Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan. Bake at 325° (300° for dark, nonstick pan) for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check before an hour is up and if it's getting brown, turn oven off and begin the next step. When time is up, prop open oven door, turn off the heat and leave in oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove from oven. Cool to room temperature then chill 24 hours before serving.

APPROXIMATE NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SLICE (MAKES 16 SLICES):
327 Calories; 30g Fat; 10g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New York Syle Cheese Cake
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:29:47 PM »
You need to read the post about splenda that doug put up.Replace the splenda with xylitol or stevia or another sweetner.Other than that it is a good recipe! ;D

travelus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »
Thanks I did read what Doug had said but I want to write the recipe as it was. I knew you would give me good info on how to change the sugar in this recipe. Thank a bunch :-* for all your hard work you do for us.
I'm learning a new way of cooking and I'm not to old to learn new things so I welcome the new way of eating and cooking.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:11:12 PM »
Its a beautiful recipe!! You keep it up! ;D