Author Topic: wanting a one cup coffe machine..need opinions  (Read 7571 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
wanting a one cup coffe machine..need opinions
« on: February 05, 2012, 07:57:50 AM »
I love coffee and I ve have several people talk about them on other social sites. I was wondering if anyone here has one and their thoughts

kcups
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:12:03 AM by Alex Cruz »
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

ladyluck

• View Profile
Re: wanting a one cup coffe machine..need opinions
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:07:41 AM »
Hi Alex I love my Keurig Machine because there are more K-Cup to pick from or you can buy a K-cup filter and use your own coffee.There is a joke between my sister and I,  we say when we die we want to be buried with our coffee machine in case they don't have any in heaven lol. My sister even bought a mini one to take when we go to a wedding up north to us, we got joining rooms so we can share her pot we just have to bring our own K-cups.

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:14:10 AM »
Hi lady luck....since I drink coffee at work, I would only use it during the weekend, would the mini be fine?

thanks and make room in heaven for me so I can have coffee with ya'll.. I love coffee
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:18:00 PM by Alex Cruz »
Alex

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 09:27:45 AM »
Those things seem awful expensive to me  :(

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 10:30:55 AM »
I enjoy my Kcups - but the coffee is expensive as well as the machine.  Each Kcup of coffee is 50¢ or more.  I often open a Kcup and add it to a regular pot of coffee for a whole pot of flavored coffee instead of one cup.  i.e. 2 scoops regular coffee, 1 Kcup = 12 cups flavored coffee.  But it's great for a quick cup of decaf in the evening or if someone comes over and I don't have coffee made. I look for the coffee on sale, but even then it's pricey. Look at the price of 18 Kcups and decide for yourself. Someone said they get more than one cup of coffee out of a Kcup, but it comes out as colored water at my house after the first one.

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »
Hi Alex I will for sure make you a coffee. I like the large size which is 9oz I think some mini only make med and small and some make all 3 sizes I also use my filter and use my own a lot.I buy my K-cups at Cosco here in Canada so they are cheaper, I like decaf and my husband doesn't so it is nice in the evening to make my own.If we have a lot of people over I just use my reg big pot.

Rena

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »
Rick's parents gave him a Keurig for Christmas. He keeps it in his office at work. He loves it. Before, it was a pain to make a whole pot of coffee, especially if he was the only one drinking it. It tasted horrible to begin with, but even worse if it sat there all day. So, now he just makes a cup when he knows he has time to actually drink it. He really loves it a lot.

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »
Hi Alex.  I absolutely love LOVE my Keurig Machine the Hubs bought me as a gift.  I drink coffee all the time so it pays for me to have one.  Yes It is cheaper to make a full pot but I end up throwing away most of it most of the time.....not saving a thing there...LOL  You can shop around for the best price on the k-cups so many folks have them now.  Plus if you want to save you can get the filter to use your own grounds.  If you are a person that goes out and gets a Dunkins or Starbucks on a regular basis it makes since to get one of these.  You will save so much compaired to getting just one coffee from those places.  ;D

I will say as well that I have one of those that uses the pods.  To me I never could make a good cup of coffee.  I'm one of those that can use my Keurig k-cup more than once, (I don't like my coffee to strong)  but the pods to me started out way to weak  :P  It may have been the brand I had though...LOL  It's hard to find the pods now anyway  :-\

I'm thinking of getting the small one to put in the camper  ;)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »
I dont know why I have such a hard time making a good cup of coffee at home..At work I do not have that issue since its pre packaged..lol... I LOVE COFFEE and what ends up happening is that I go to DD on the weekends.. I buy the X large and that is like $2.10 each time..  I agree that the machine can be expensive but I guess somethings are worth it...  

My uncle has the tassimo and I tried it and it is nice too..  I went to Kuerig site and it was $16.50 for 24 kcups..   I really appreciate all the input
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:15:03 PM by Alex Cruz »
Alex

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 01:48:49 PM »
I have the smallest Keurig and only use in on the weekends.  I get weekday coffee at work.  I love, love, love it.  If you watch for sales, the machine isn't as expensive as buying coffee out.

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »
At $2.10 a cup Alex it won't take very long for it to pay for itself  ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »
Hi Alex.  I absolutely love LOVE my Keurig Machine the Hubs bought me as a gift.  I drink coffee all the time so it pays for me to have one.  Yes It is cheaper to make a full pot but I end up throwing away most of it most of the time.....not saving a thing there...LOL  You can shop around for the best price on the k-cups so many folks have them now.  Plus if you want to save you can get the filter to use your own grounds.  If you are a person that goes out and gets a Dunkins or Starbucks on a regular basis it makes since to get one of these.  You will save so much compaired to getting just one coffee from those places.  ;D

I do love my Keurig - I got it on ebay used, so the price wasn't bad.  It's the big one.  And I love making coffee with it.  I even have the gizmos that let me use my own coffee, but I love the ButterToffee and Hazelnut flavors. I'm just too cheap to buy it at +50¢ a pop - let's say I'm "thrifty" - so you know I never get coffee at DD or SBucks or any of those places! Kcups give my family something to buy me for Christmas! Sometimes Kohl's gives me a 30% coupon and has the coffee on sale, too, so I can splurge.

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »
I absolutely LOVE my Keurig and will probably never again be without one.  Hubbie loves it also.  I got the big Platinum one when Kohls ran them on sale and combined with the current 30% off deal with free shipping.  You can get a good one for a good price.  Yes ~ the kcups can be expensive but get the reuseable kcup and just use your own coffee.  That is very inexpensive to do.  I also like to run just hot water into a cup for a teabag or pkg of hot cocoa mix (for company).

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 05:14:34 PM »
Umpa and I own three Keurig Machines, one in the Keys, one in the mountains and one in the camper if that gives you a hint  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 05:20:45 PM »
yes it does Doug.. So which is the one that allows you to buy your own coffee?

The price is what is killing me too since I am a coupin girl.. Im going to look for Presidents Day sales and combined it with a coupon..

Alex