Author Topic: wanting a one cup coffe machine..need opinions  (Read 7569 times)

shawn116

Re: wanting a one cup coffe machine..need opinions
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »
There are several different types of refillable k cups but this is the one that I have: http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-Reusable-Coffee-Filter/dp/B000DLB2FI/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1328481145&sr=8-16  It works pretty good.  ;)

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 06:01:29 PM »
That's the same one I have TooSweet I use 2 coffee spoon fulls( the brown plastic ones) I have about 6 filters so you don't always have to wait to cool it before using it again.I just buy one every now and again over the last 3 years.

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »
That is a good idea ladyluck.  I haven't had a chanse to pick a second one up yet and yes it is a pain to have to wait sometimes...LOL

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »
Oh very cool.  See that would be great. I can just buy my own coffee n it will cheaper.  Oh me so excited. 
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 08:18:32 PM »
I just tried using a Kcup for a second cup of coffee and it's pretty weak, maybe if I made two in a row and mixed them? How do you do it TooSweet?

I also found some disks that you can use to reuse the Kcups with your own coffee - you cut the top out of the cup, empty the grounds, let it dry out, fill it with your own coffee and force the disk in - when you put the Kcup back in the machine, just line up the original hole in the bottom and you're good to go!

shawn116

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 09:36:48 PM »
It usually only works for me if I have one that is strong to begin with.  I don't like my coffee to strong anyway, but on the second go round I use the smallest setting and I do have some left from my first cup.  By the time I have about 1/3 cup left I'm looking to warm it up anyway ;)  I suppose you may be right though if I didn't have any to mix in it...it might be a bit to light.   ::)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 09:52:16 PM »
Oh, good! I thought my machine was weird or broken or something! It would work to make two in a rowand mix them. Sometimes I'm a real cheapskate!

shawn116

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
Me too  ;)  I like to get all the bang for my buck or at least all the good out of it...LOL

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 09:04:29 AM »
I use my Keurig too when cooking.If i need hot water for a recipe. ;) I like it for hot water for tea too.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »
I do too, Umpa. Sometimes I just drink hot water - usually when I've had enough coffee, but still want a cup. Just the hot seems to satisfy if I'm only thirsty and need water. If that doesn't work, I can drop an herbal teabag in it. I love Jasmine tea - and Earl Grey. They have a similar taste.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 08:06:05 PM »
TooSweet, I used a decaf in a large measuring cup today and did two large in a row - they were mixed and came out lovely! That's sooo much better! I'll try it with some of the others tomorrow and see if it works - that makes the coffee 25¢ a cup instead of 50¢ - yahoo!

shawn116

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
 ;)  Now you are talking my language LOL 

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 02:13:38 AM »
We are shopping around too so I found the info in here very helpful.  So, one Kcup the bigger the size cup you make the weaker it gets? Found one with 3 size amounts. What's the best size per kcup to make the best tasting coffee.  We only make one cup for ourselves, getting up at different times.  Hubby takes a 16 oz tumbler to work but none of them make 16 oz.  I just have one cup before going to work.  Thinking about just using it for the weekend getting the mini size.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

shawn116

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 07:25:21 AM »
Hi izzet  I think it would be a matter of taste as well as the type of coffee you are using.  There are so many types of coffee to choose from, or you can use your own with the refillable k-cup.
What's the best size per kcup to make the best tasting coffee
   There are to many variables to be able to answer.  I'm one of those folks that don't like my coffee to strong, but I don't like it to be colored water either...LOL  And yes the more you use the k-cup or the less water or more you put through it the stronger or weaker the coffee.  I don't think I could ever drink a cup with the smallest setting.   :P  My perfect cup is to use the k-cup twice and again depending on the type I am using.   My mom on the other hand likes a cup good and strong.   I have the one that gives you three different sizes, and I love it.  I joke that if we had a fire, my keurig would be the first thing I would grab...LOL  But if your hubs makes a 16oz coffee, he can do it with no trouble.  With mine I just take the drip tray away and the larger go cup that I have fits under the spout great.  I just do the large setting twice and off I go.  You can make it with the small one but you would have to use a different cup (smaller) to make it in and then pour it in your tumbler. (not that big of deal)   I don't have a small one so I don't know which setting on mine would compair to the one setting it has. 

Hope this helps  ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »
I have the Keurig with three cup sizes, too, and I use large mugs - it seems to be just right to use two 'brews' with one K-cup - the only time it's too weak is if I try the second cup by itself. Then it's what my grampa used to call "duck coffee" - that's pretty weak coffee. All I can say is that you need to experiment to find just the right combination. I tried a large and medium together the other day and it was great. You can't beat it for convenience. I posted about the cost of the coffee just for information - I was kind of surprised when I figured it out. I use my Keurig for hot water, tea, coffee - any time I want quick hot water. Nice to have options.