Author Topic: Yellow Squash and Chicken Casserole  (Read 8122 times)

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
Yellow Squash and Chicken Casserole
« on: May 25, 2010, 08:49:55 PM »
The kids and I used to always love to eat our Chicken Cass.
made with shell pasta noodles, diced fresh chicken breast and cream of chicken, onions, mushrooms
and then on top we would put a bunch of cheese and top that with....watch out now... crushed potato chips!

so tonight we took the basic recipe of Doug's Macafoney and cheese( http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=54.0 )
using a softer tofu- 2pks, a little more amount of cheese and two different kinds... 1 1/4 cup mozz. cheese and
1 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, a bit more Bertolli Alfredo Sauce- 1/2 cup, and the same 2 eggs, beaten...
plus one medium size yellow squash and 2 nice size chic. breasts(i would guess about 1 lb.) and black pepper
(we did not use salt but you could)...there were a bit of mushrooms in the Alfredo sauce and we decided not to put onions
and of course absolutely no chips on top...just some of the cheddar and you could put Parmesan and/or Ricotta like Doug
suggests for His mac and cheese recipe.

Cut the Yellow Squash in small cubes, set aside..
Cut the chicken into pieces and cook in a pan with a little peanut oil until just starting to brown...
meanwhile cut the tofu into cubes, put them in a big bowl, add the cheese, beaten eggs, Alfredo,(salt) pepper...

Put the squash in the pan with the simmering chicken just before the chicken is going to brown so the squash gets just slightly tender
then drain any excess oil and add the chicken and squash to the bowl of ingredients. Mix lightly together, pour into the baking dish.
We used a glass 9x13 sprayed with Pam cooking spray. Baked 375 degrees for 40-45 mins, until browned and bubbling on top~
yum!

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

beebs

• View Profile
Re: Yellow Squash and Chicken Casserole
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
I just use miracle noodles! I had fettuccine Alfredo for dinner

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:34:27 AM »
Sounds wonderful Cyndi!!
Beebs you cooked something successfully????? :D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:39:29 PM »
No my mum made it....Im still tryin to figure out bread. I want grilled cheese so bad Im ready to say forget it and one anyway.

Cyndi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »
I know how you feel beebs, i almost wanna too...the bread....i miss it so much....we can do though sis!!....i'm waitin'.. i have to...i desire to be healthy and slim again......i didn't even get to get any of the kinds of flour yet or even the crisp things or nothin'....just the smart tortillia....i miss my fritoes too and other munchies.....but we gotta figure somethin out....we can do it the right way, we deserve to follow the plan...we are too beautiful and were meant to live with more joy and live healthy and healed......i will not give in if you won't sis....let's keep going ok....i'm prayin' for us...all of us......bless you beebs~

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
I have a desperate need for grilled cheese and donuts. Hey Gar! Any ideas for pork rind donuts? ROFL! :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 09:45:58 AM »
Beebs  I need to know what you have in the house.The spinach bread is as easy as it gets.
Cyndi you shouldn't be going without anything.If you want bread make it .I have posted spinach bread, pizza crust, rosemary bread, and zuchinni bread.Let me know what you are missing and i will help you.

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 09:57:01 AM »
I have the stuff to 'make' bread but it wont rise or else it tastes ickfoo....

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
Maybe you should have your mom make it Beebs??? ;)

zuiderdamm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »
I order bread from Sami's Bakery that is really good.

http://www.samisbakery.com/products/low-carb/

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 05:24:50 PM »
My mum tried to make me biscuits and the tasted ok but they were flat as fritters lol.

Cyndi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 08:44:17 PM »
Thanks Umpa, it's just that I have used over my budget at the moment and just have to wait to get ingredients for the breads and such...
I just miss my wheat toast and crm cheese in the morning with my oj and just a slice here and there when I wanted it...

It will all come together soon...I have to get better organized....it's all so new yet ...

I sent the email for free sample of the GG crispy breads about 5 days ago, nothing yet...
I am excited to try and make the spinach bread for pizza crust...my youngsters are waiting with me for that one

i can't find any lo carb munchies either...i used to love cheese and crackers or fritoes just to munch on or dip in cheese dips..

I am sure the next books in the Fat to Skinny series will help me get organized the more and more we go in the plan.
I do get to ask Doug for a free book now and already headed towards two now! ~~ how fun...
I want ALL of them but for now, which book do you suggest I request~ I have the First Hard Cover, that's it~

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 05:02:16 AM »
PORK RINDS ARE FREE!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 07:31:16 AM »
now you're coming around beebs :o

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 08:08:21 AM »
Cyndi get the cookbook.Email doug, you will love it!