Author Topic: Week 2 and stalled?  (Read 4455 times)

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
Week 2 and stalled?
« on: February 14, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
I'm a little bummed that I'm on day 11 and still only have lost the 4 pounds from week 1. I've been so careful and tracked everything to prevent carb creep. I've eaten lean meats and non-veggies. Exercised regularly. I'm not side railed but a little bummed. I guess I was hoping for the miracle...immediate drop of all extra weight. :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Week 2 and stalled?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:57:50 AM »
Since you know that dropping all of your excess weight at once wasn't realistic, take a deep breath and embrace this new lifestyle that will get you to the body you want and can maintain.  Since you have de-toxed, you're most likely feeling better than you have in quite a while.  The FTS benefits are so much more than numbers on a scale but the numbers are so easy to count that they can overshadow the other great things.

And, if you lose too fast you get saggy skin.  Heaven forbid! 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
Great advice, Andrea! :) :) :) :)

And Tina, the number on the scale is only one part of weight loss.
We often lose inches even when the scale isn't moving.

While we're losing, our FAT cells will replace the space FAT took with water temporarily.
Plus, water is heavier than FAT... That's why FAT floats in water!

So don't let the scale dictate how you feel.
It can (and will) mislead you sometimes!
What you do today is what matters!

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »
I neglected to take my starting measurements so I think I'll do that tomorrow morning and do measurements on weigh in day. Thanks for the support!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
Definitely measure yourself!  I did it at the start, and SO glad I did.  Sometimes when I get stalled, I measure and find that things are changing even if not on the scale!   Don't forget to measure your neck and your thigh along with waist and hips.  It's funny how you lose in different areas.  There's some websites where you can log your measurements & weight then months later print a report of the changes.  I love that!   I use myfitnesspal.com for that, but there are other sites.   It's nice to have it online because I could never keep up with measurements I wrote down on a sticky note a year ago.   ;D     

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »
When I stall like that it usually means sugar is getting me somewhere. There was one lunchmeat that I used to eat and loved. It said 1 carb per three slices so I believed it. So I put it into my routine and didn't think anything about it. A week later I had stalled, then two weeks I had stalled. I pulled back on all my food and just went to the staples that I knew worked and I started loosing again. The only thing new had been that lunchmeat. Needless to say I didn't eat it again. I guess the moral is that just because it says it, doesn't mean it's always low carb. Watch for those puppies and stay away from the sugar alcohols when you've stalled.

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 10:20:19 AM »
Keep telling yourself you can do this!  It is a lifestyle change not a diet.  I am guilty of stepping on the scales everyday.  I told my husband this morning that I am not getting back on it for 1 month.  You think you have done great, step on the scale and yikes :o you see it moved in the wrong direction. 

Stay motivated and like the others mention - take your measurements!

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 09:17:39 AM »
I think I found the culprit(s). I had splurged on some good cheese and probably snacked on that too much and also I had red meat 2 days in a row, which I very rarely do. I threw out my lunch meat...even though it said 1 carb per 4 slices, I didn't want to take a chance that was it. Bought a turkey breast instead and I'll chop that up to use. I only got cheese for this week to use for cooking...I don't like to snack on sharp cheddar but it's great for recipes so that works out good. And no red meat! Fish and poultry only.

And I tried the OMM this morning...I added some cinnamon and vanilla. Wowzer! That was great! And very filling. Definitely on my list of fast breakfasts. I've spent a lot of money outfitting my kitchen with things like stevia, almond flour, flax meal, carb quick, etc but hopefully now that I have some of the basics, it's easier on the pocket book. :) Totally worth it to try some of these great recipes! I'm going to make some of the magic bars I saw on another post and take to my family dinner. I wonder if anyone will notice the difference? lol 

This is the best site I've seen for creative ideas on cooking. And I"m back to losing again. Lost a pound since yesterday, 1/2 pound the day before. And now I'm going to stop getting on the scale every day!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 09:28:39 AM »
Remember Tina, this is not a race, enjoy your trip from FAT TO SKINNY  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 12:22:01 PM »
Block cheeses are always better.Sliced and preshredded cheeses have potato starch which have carbs.Look at the ingredient lists. ;)

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 01:46:40 PM »
Thanks! Good to know. Unfortunately I could live on cheese....cheese and sushi!! :) I know I kind of dove in to this but I'm a creature of extremes. Lol. I have been enjoying trying a couple of these great recipes though. I had tried nutrisystem most recently thinking it would be easier to control portions but it was all starches! So it's fun to be eating fresh food again.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »
... And now I'm going to stop getting on the scale every day!

That's great advice, Tina! :)

Know that everyday you follow the FTS rules, you are undoing years of sugar-caused damage and are getting healthier too!
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
There is no rice in the sushi?

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 09:53:51 AM »
I've switched to straight sashimi, no rice. But I could live off a good sushi roll for sure.  Just choose not to now. :) last night was sushi night with the girls and I had a sashimi dish, no rice, and half bowl of miso soup. Ok and about 6 edamame pod thingies. Hopefully that was ok. I'm still learning. :)

buford354

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 11:15:15 AM »
Howdy Y'all,

Buford here, during my trip from 285 to 198 this morning, I stalled out
more than my neighbors old 52 Plymouth Sedan. Every time I had to eat more
of the good stuff I call it. I added more good meats and fresh greens I love collards
with that there vinegar/pepper sauce in the little bottle, always started with a salad
with a no carb/low carb dressing did this until I started down again. I never set a
time limit , my scale told me when I could add things back in.

I found the times I stalled out were usually after a BBQ at a friends or a fish fry
so now I watch real careful what I fill my plate with at this things.

Worked for me, hope you find this helpful.

Like UMPA said you have to get back in detox before you can start back down
but if you add instead of subtract good low carb stuff it will happen a lots quicker
IMHO.

Our Best to You and Yours,
Buford and the Girls