Author Topic: Maplenut Ice Cream  (Read 2359 times)

SarahC

• View Profile
Maplenut Ice Cream
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:42:50 PM »
There's another post on here about ice cream - I'm being lazy and not looking it up, but I used that idea and made some maplenut ice cream by whipping heavy cream until I got tired of it and said that's enough, then I added some xylitol and maple flavoring and whipped a little more, then added a few walnuts and popped it in the freezer. It doesn't take many nuts - and they're high in carbs, so that's good. Now, I'm off sweeteners and nuts, but I did this and ate it over four days. It's really hard to find maplenut ice cream in the stores and forget about finding it in low carb! But we can make our own and enjoy every guilt-free bite! So THANK YOU whichever one of you came up with the idea of whipping cream and freezing it for ice cream! You made my tummy very happy!

shawn116

Re: Maplenut Ice Cream
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
Hi Sarah  I just wanted to add that using sugar free maple syrup works great to  ;)   If you use the Walden farms it you aren't adding any carbs.  My mom used to put maple syrup on her ice cream from time to time when I was growing up.  I learned to love to do that myself, especially if we were out of chocolate.  Yummmm.....