Author Topic: Meal plan help  (Read 8045 times)

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
Meal plan help
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:44:22 AM »
I've not been losing so Umpa suggested I post my meal plan for some help (thanks Umpa)

A typical day is below
Breakfast is either an OMM with a butter or 2 eggs and 2 strips turkey bacon

Lunch is usually spinach topped with diced turkey (not packaged) and grated cheese. I dont like dressing so skip that. Yesterday I added a teaspoon of hummus that my friend had. Or I top it with Tuna/mayo instead of turkey. The only other thing I'll have is a mama lupes tortilla with 3 net carb with some Turkey and cheese.

Dinner has been some combo of lean meat and veggie or my favorite blackened catfish with roasted asparagus and squash. I keep the carby veggies to a cup or less.  I did have the tofu noodle baked ziti but I posted that one for Umpa to take a look at. :) if I need a quick meal I'll have the tofu noodles with shrimp and Alfredo low carb version. I had red meat twice and ditched that as I usually don't eat it and it was too heavy (but good!) lol. Oh and one night I made a southern style pork chop with the pork rind/almond flour coating. Yum.

Snacks have been a pack of almonds (100 cal pack) at 2 net carbs or cheese. Or a GG crisp with T of cream cheese. And usually a sugar free jello with some reddiwhip. 

Lots of plain water, ditched the Splenda and use stevia

I'm not sure where I've strayed. Ok I could cut out the cheese but I've tried to keep the portion down though I love me some cheese! :)

Looking at this I guessing can cut the jello and reddiwhip. I was going to ditch the reddiwhip anyway and make my own. I love the OMM but should I cut it? I have it probably 3 mornings a week.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Tina

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Meal plan help
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
In one tablespoon of hummus there are 3 carbs for the sugarfree version most aren't sugarfree.Your veggies are too high too.Squash is wicked high.Carby veggies equal sugar and will make you gain weight and shoot you back to detox because you will start to crave carbs.Your veggie serving at a cup should be a 1/2 cup serving.Too much bread too.One serving of bread a day is all you should be eating. And Water,water,water to flush the fat! you get 20 carbs a day so spend wisely.Start here and keep posting your menus so we can help you.This is carb creep.You are gonna do great and we are gonna help you. ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:01:02 AM »
I've been at this a while and I'd suggest that you take another look at Doug's challenge to eat half and wait 15 minutes to see if you are hungry.  For example, one egg and one piece of bacon might be plenty.  It would be for me. 

In a while, this lifestyle will be second nature.  You've made a great start, now you can start refining your choices.  We all need to re-evaluate every once in a while.

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »
Thanks! I'll go back to basics. I thought I was doing ok on the veggies but guess not. Ive kept them to asparagus, squash, spinach or cauliflower.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
What kind of squash? :)

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
Zucchini and yellow squash. I had picked those because it said 1.5 net carb per 1/2 cup and I love them roasted.  I also eat broccoli and cauliflower, though not as much broc. And spinach every day. Are those not good choices or should I just mange portions better?  Those roasted veggies are too easy to eat!

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »
I love those myself   ;D  I would just watch the portions if it were me.  It's kinda hard to see that you have 1/2 cup of a bulky veggie.  You might consider weighing them instead.  No question about how much that way.  Remember that cooked and raw are two different things  ;)

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »
I like the weighing option. It is hard to determine amount on those weird shaped items. Thanks for that suggestion!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »
all good Tina ;) great suggestion TooSweet ;)

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
Holy cow! Since I last whined about not losing last week I lost at least 6 lbs! I'm not totally sure because I weighed after breakfast, 30 ounces of water and a cup of coffee. And after all that it was still 6 lbs! Maybe I'm a fits and starts loser. :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 03:10:19 PM »
Good job, Tina! I firmly believe whining helps. My scales have dropped a little since I started whining, too, but not as much as yours!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »
Hurrah, Tina.  Track your fits and starts.  You might see a pattern you can use to your advantage.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »
Ooo, good thought, Andrea! I need to go find my little book...

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 08:03:01 PM »
Awesome ladies!!   Congrats!!   ;D ;D  Hey if it works...complain away!!!  LOL

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 08:51:42 AM »
Thats right TooSweet!! :D :D :D