Author Topic: So Far So Good For This Virginia Girl  (Read 2595 times)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
So Far So Good For This Virginia Girl
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:48:05 AM »
Good Morning!

Just wanted to share to perhaps help someone who is on the fence about this way of eating and also to motivate myself to keep going  :)  My weight loss has not been huge yet like some folks.  I did want to give you a bit of background.  I used to weigh as much as 250 pounds.  I lost down to 130 and then gained 60 pounds with my first child and 40 pounds with my 2nd child (they are both grown now).  I lost the baby weight but never below 145 pounds AND had to work really, really hard to try and keep my weight down.  I LOVE TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE TO COOK!!!!!!!!!  So ~ to make a possibly long story short............Over the past 10 years my weight has hovered around 160. 

I began following Doug's healthy eating principals maybe 1/2 the time and my weight is down but MORE IMPORTANTLY my huge belly is so much smaller.  It feels like I have lost more than the 5 pounds.  Plus I just feel so much better in general.  I am working towards having less cheat days/meals.  When I put on jeans, etc it feels more like 10 pounds.  I could probably reach my goal much faster by keeping my carbs down below 20 but I guess I am taking baby steps towards that end.   :)

Anyways ~ Thank you Doug for writing the book.  Thank you for the forums.  Though I don't post alot I get on here pretty much every day.   

I hope everyone has a blessed day!
Kim

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: So Far So Good For This Virginia Girl
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:01:08 AM »
Congratulations on all the changes you've made.  I was a non-participating visitor for a long time, too.  Chime in.  I love having new posts to read.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »
Hi Kim! :)

Not to sound harsh and meaning this with brotherly love,
it sounds like you're not ready to close the door on your "old ways".

Yes... You can lose a little and have limited success doing that.
But, FTS requires 100% commitment to achieve 100% success... It's that simple!
Straddling a fence and living FTS only part time, is not commitment.

Most all of us here love to eat.
It's the eating of the wrong things for too long that led us to FTS.
The beauty of FTS is that we can still eat very well, enjoying what we like, and lose weight at the same time! :)

I suggest you read Doug's book again and commit yourself 100% to making your body healthy.
Life is too short to waste being unhealthy.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:49:01 PM »
Kim you are doing great.With me its about how I feel.I will eat this way the rest of my life.I work with people on the forum everyday that are trying so hard and it motivates me to help them. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 06:11:53 PM »
Good for you Kim  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)