Author Topic: Still stalled....need suggestions and help please!!!!  (Read 23022 times)

MommaB

• View Profile
Still stalled....need suggestions and help please!!!!
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:03:51 AM »
Hey everyone! I've been stalled out and doin' a huge yo-yo thing up to almost 10 lbs. above my lowest!! (Not changing my ticker though, cause that would be depressing! lol)  :o

With all that said, I've started writing down everything that crosses my lips and will post for your help and support until the scale starts to move in the right direction again!!  ;)

Here goes:
2/27/12
Breakfast
     2 1/2 cups coffee w/ 3T. sf torani coffee syrup & 1T heavy whipping cream (0 carbs)
     Nantahala sausage (local brand), 2 patties (1 carb)
     3 fresh eggs fried in Benecol (1.8 carbs)

Snack
     1/2 bag cheddar pork rinds, 1 1/2 oz. (0 carbs)
     4 - i inch chunks cheddar cheese (0 carbs)

Lunch
     3 - Nathan's hot dogs w/1 T. reduced sugar ketcup (3 carbs + 1 carb)
     hot tea w/sf torani syrup (0 carbs)
     1 - home-made sugar cookie (1/4 carb)

Dinner
     chicken breast (0 carb)
     1 c broccoli (3 carbs)
     1 - sf home-made cookie (1/4 carb)

Evening "dessert"
     sugar-free home-made pumpkin pie (3 1/2 carbs) w/ LOL sf whipped cream (0 carbs)
     decaf coffee w/sf torani syrup & heavy cream (0 carbs)

I drank approx. 56oz. of water during the day
     3 cans of diet soda

I got 7 hours of sleep the night before! (I'm trying to do better at this, but it's a process! lol)  ::)
I do not exercise right now, except running after my 4 kids!  :D

ok everyone...let me have it!!! What am I doing wrong that I should do differently!?!
Love you guys and really appreciate the suggestions!!
MommaB   ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Still stalled....need suggestions and help please!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 09:24:34 AM »
WOW...you eat allot of food  :o That's the first thing I see jumping out at me. I'd be surprised if anyone else here on the forum losing weight is eating as much as you are.

First- Cut all your portions in half then wait 15 minutes before touching the second half....BE SURE you are still hungry,(no, it taste good is not enough reason to dig into the second half  :o) Only if you are still hungry. My guess is your eating by the clock instead of by your bodies true needs.

Second....get rid of the sweets, all of em till you see steady loss.

Hint- Next time the "clock" says feeding time vs your body saying feeding time drink a big glass of water then do another activity such as a walk around the neighborhood.....replace a bad habit with a god habit ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:49:14 AM »
Momma, you're a sweetnik like me. With me, eating even the sugar-free sweets drives up my cravings for more sweets, so I know it does something sneaky to me and it stalls my weight. I had to stop even diet soda pop, sugar-free Jello, and Torani syrups. I don't use any of it - well, I had dinner with friends the other night and made (and ate) coconut cake. But I made the decision that I want to lose pounds more than I want to eat my most favorite thing in the world (desserts) and then it wasn't so hard. It's not like we can NEVER eat our goodies - we just need to delay eating them!

You aren't alone.

After cutting down on your portion sizes, you'll be full much sooner - and think of all the money you'll be saving on less food - so you can buy smaller clothes!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »
We also notice very little fiber Mommb. Add GG Brancrisp into your day, one cracker will fill you up and give you a good dose of fiber.  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 01:15:29 PM »
Hi Momma! :)

I agree with Doug and Sarah.

In fact, you may be stuck in a bad cycle... Eat sweets... Cravings start... Eat to lose cravings... Eat too much... Eat sweets... and round, and round it goes.

One tip about drinking water before and/or with a meal... Make sure it's ice cold!
It will not only shut off "false hunger". But will help you burn more energy. ;)
What you do today is what matters!

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »
I spy....lots of sweet treats, torano syrup does have 1 carb per serving (splenda) and diet soda (count 1 carb per serving-check the bottle for servings per container you might be having 2 per container and not realizing it).  No more than 2 diet soda servings per day.  Mystery carbs coming from the splenda that are adding up.  Lots of food.  Oral fixation or stuffing down feelings? Doug mentioned eating by the clock instead of by true hunger.  Learn to listen to your body.

If you just began you must get over your sugar dependance then add sweet treats in a little now and then.  I did the same thing...ate as much sugar free sweets that I could get away with at first which stalled my weight loss.  Go the first couple of weeks without ANY sugar, cold turkey.  It's tough but will keep you from doing the sugar free treat dance and you won't crave the sweets so much after that.

I also see no fiber as one of the other members mentioned.  Fiber fills you and helps stave off cravings. Fiber is in veggies, too.

Hope it helps!
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »
Wow!! When I said to let me have it, I didn't mean literally!!!

I will cut my portions! Thanks for the help!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:40 AM »
We have a saying here MommaB

Helping Ourselves While Helping Others

By looking at your meal plan ans collecting comments many people were helped to discover why they may be stalled. Look at the number of times this post has been read! We also remind ourselves to avoid "carb creep" Take the advice to cut the sweets, not just the portion sizes  ;)

I will cut my portions! Thanks for the help!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 09:08:52 AM »
Fiber MommaB.I love flaxseed products because they keep me full all day ;)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
I, of course, am cutting the sf sweets as well as my portion sizes and taking the advice of the folks on the forum. I truly didn't realize that my portion sizes had grown that much as it must have happened little by little over time! I know I have a sweet tooth and will only be having the sf syrup in my morning coffee (cut down to 2 T as of this morning) and cutting out all other coffee & desserts! (Deep inside, I knew this was a great portion of my problem!) I usually do have OMM flax bread for a grilled cheddar sandwich or Jo's flax "cornbread" almost everyday. I just had run out and didn't have time to make any that day!

I have 4 children, homeschool and do MANY other things that I have to work around! I live on a mountain, can't walk hills (dr's orders), and have no block to walk around! I will, however make a better effort to walk on the treadmill my sister gave me! I am dedicated to losing weight and getting healthy! Just needed a gentle reminder to get back to the basics!

Thanks and have a good day!

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »
What I ate 2/28/12 (Mind you, I didn't read all the comments until bedtime!)

Same breakfast as yesterday (3 carbs)

Lunch: grilled cheddar cheese sandwich w/OMM flax bread (1 carb)
          sf cookie (1/4 carb)

Snack: 14 roasted almonds (1 carb)

Dinner out with a friend: grilled chicken breast (no sauce or spices) w/mushrooms, bacon & cheddar cheese melted on top. (2 carbs)
     small salad from salad bar, cheese & pepperoni w/oil and vinegar (3 carbs)

The same "dessert" when I got home as the day before, but there are 5 slices left and my kids will be thrilled to get to eat a slice each!  ;)

14 carbs total for the day!

There will be a BIG difference when I post tomorrow, so stay tuned!  :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:52 AM »
I'm always amazed at how little food it takes to fill me up since I cut my portion sizes. I'm very sedentary, MommaB and after a couple months of using my treadmill, it sat there collecting dust until I got rid of it. I knew I had to find a way to lose pounds and keep them off that didn't depend on exercise, because I never keep it up for long! FTS fills the bill!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 01:27:36 PM »
I'm always amazed at how little food it takes to fill me up since I cut my portion sizes. I'm very sedentary, MommaB and after a couple months of using my treadmill, it sat there collecting dust until I got rid of it. I knew I had to find a way to lose pounds and keep them off that didn't depend on exercise, because I never keep it up for long! FTS fills the bill!

Hi Sarah! :)

The stomach organ is simply a bag that holds the food we eat and prepares it for it's journey through the lower digestive tract.
That "bag" can be stretched.
It shrinks in size when we don't overeat.

I remember a doctor telling me years ago that our "normal" stomach sizes are very close to the size of our fist.
If the food on our plates is much larger than that, we're stretching our "bags".
I try to remember that when I dish up my portions. ;)
What you do today is what matters!

owensmath

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:42 PM »

Dinner out with a friend: grilled chicken breast (no sauce or spices) w/mushrooms, bacon & cheddar cheese melted on top. (2 carbs)
     small salad from salad bar, cheese & pepperoni w/oil and vinegar (3 carbs

[/quote]

This sounds like Brother's  Restaurant. Am I right?

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 10:52:56 PM »
Yes ma'am!!! You know me well and it was great!  :D