Author Topic: Slow healers  (Read 3759 times)

joagain

Slow healers
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
Well it has been since Feb 8th since I had my first bottom molar pulled then 2 more on the 15th . They are doing what the dentist said is a secondary healing,which means they are healing from the bottom up instead of closing up which takes longer .  :(
It has been very hard to eat I am know able to eat Chicken if it is tender . What has happen is that I have drank more diet cokes and SF jello and most of the soft  foods that or low carb or sweet . And I have had very serious cravings again .
I guess from the Diet cokes and the jello SF pudding cups . I was able to eat a salad pretty good today hard to chew food up with no back molars on bottom . 
I have started back today with no sweetners & no drinks just my water and boy I have been having what I know is false hunger pangs .
So I guess it is just like detox again .
 I was at walmart today and seenthat they have the waldens farm peanut butter ,has anyone tried it ? I it good or gross ? I thought Rena said it was bad but it might have been someone else .

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Slow healers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 03:25:22 PM »
Hey Jo,
Rena and I have both tried it, and we did NOT like it.  I've enjoyed all the other Walden Farms products I have tried, but I don't think there's anything even CLOSE to a peanut in this stuff.  To make it worse.....I tried to make the beanit butter cookies out of it.    I got mud colored sludge......  ha ha

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 03:55:39 PM »
*Jo - you could probably make some soup or chowder and puree it in a blender. You could add nuts or soy beans, eggs, veggies, cream, spices, etc. (even meat) and not have to chew it.

*prayer for Jo
thanks for your steadfastness
quick healing for your mouth
that your cravings go soon
that your health steadily improves

*prayer for Maddysmom
thanks for your ready spirit, always available to give support and encouragement
that you reach your goals
that you find blessings in the small things

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »
I got mud colored sludge......  ha ha
 I can picture that Jan!  LOL  That stuff is awful  :P :P

Jo I was thinking about you  :)   Although healing slowly, I'm glad you are doing ok.   I bet it is the pudding causing the trouble.... I can't eat that without having a craving  :-\  Glad to hear from you girl.  I hope you get to feeling better soon  ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:50:32 PM by TooSweet »

joagain

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:34:10 PM »
Thanks Sarah for the prayers cause I sure need them  ;D  Jan I for sure will not buy it I thought that somebody on here had had it . I can not stand to make something and it waste my products .. LOL
I know it is the pudding and the diet cokes I can drink  maybe 2 a day but if I drink more then that it causes me to want sweets . But I havent had a lot of choice . Back on track today .

Thanks Ladies  ;)

Rena

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
Sludge ... yep, that describes it.

Nasty stuff.   :P

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
Hi Jo! :)

I'm happy to hear you're doing better. :) :) :) :)

Overdoing things with sweeteners can be as bad as eating sugar-sweetened items.
But don't worry!... You'll be back on track before you know it! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:17:08 PM »
*Rena, I'm glad you popped up here!

*prayer for Rena
for health and happiness
for God's blessings that you can pass along to other people
for a deep sense of the Lord's joy

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 11:47:24 PM »
Jo,
I'm glad you are feeling well enough to tackle your cravings and get back on track.  Your advice has been so helpful and I have benefited from your wisdom.

joagain

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 05:59:46 AM »
Thank you Andrea , I am glad I can help  ;D Thanks Tony !!!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 07:09:06 AM »
Jo, glad to see you back on FTS.  Sorry you are slow healing.  This week I made a SF Chocolate pudding by converting the SF Banana I had posted earlier.  Again, I credit this recipe to Doug and Umpa because I started by using the coconut cream pie filling and adjusting it a little.

SF FTS Chocolate Pudding

1/4 cup Xylitol
1/2 and 1/4 tsp Xanthum gum
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp SF baking cocoa
Mix these ingredients in large mixing bowl.

1/2 cup SF Chocolate Almond Breeze milk (1)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbl Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup
Mix these ingredients together and slowly add to the dry ingredients above.  Pour into a sauce pan.  Cook on medium heat stirring constantly until thickens and boils.  Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.

1/4 cup Egg Beaters (1)
Slowly add 1/2 of cooked mixture to the egg beaters, mixing well.  Return this to sauce pan after mixed. Mix together.  Return to medium heat, stirring constantly until boils.  Boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and stir in the following ingredients:

1/2 Tbl butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbl Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup

After mixed well separate into servings.  I normally make 4 servings.  Plain SF Almond Milk can be used instead of the chocolate but I had some that needed used, it really didn't make that much difference in the chocolate flavor, that comes from the powdered cocoa and WF chocolate syrup. 
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

joagain

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 08:03:31 AM »
Thanks suz ,I just might have to try this when I get my sweet cravings back in check

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 09:48:54 AM »
Sarah, you are SO sweet!  Thanks so much for the prayers!  I have started saying a prayer for my whole FTS family every morning!  We are all in this together!  Love you all!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »
Jo you poor baby!! i agree with the soup idea.Is there anything you are craving?I would be more than happy to do a recipe for you :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 10:12:50 AM »
Thanks, Jan (and everybody). Some days are stronger prayer-days than others. Yesterday was a strong prayer-day. It was a busy evening and I saw a post from Andrea just before I went to bed, so she got a prayer, too, but it wasn't recorded here. Everybody else got a general well-being prayer.