Author Topic: Strange Now Almond Flour at netrition  (Read 4663 times)

joagain

Strange Now Almond Flour at netrition
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:40:20 PM »
I placed a order about 3 weeks ago and when I recieved it I noticed the almond flour was very dark in color but I thought oh well then I had all this done and didnt open one till last week and it kinda smelt funny too . I still was just thinking it was me so I made a OMM and it tasted very funny . So I contacted them they checked what they have on the shelf and said all the now almond flour they have seems to be darker in the last shipment the recieved so I am going to return the other 3 bags I ordered .
Now where else do yall get your Now almond flour and has anybody else got some from netrition in the last couple of weeks like this ?
Just thought I would let yall know before you placed a order .

shawn116

Re: Strange Now Almond Flour at netrition
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »
I just bought two bags from a local store last week.  I thought they seemed to be a bit darker than usual  ::)  I haven't opened them yet though.  Maybe I should to see if they are good.  I'll check it out tomorrow.  Thanks for sharing Jo  :)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »
Hmmm....I am sitting here eating a chocolate coconut muffin as I am reading this!!  ha ha   The unblanched almond four I have on hand was purchased at the "Good Nutrition" store here in town, but it is also the NOW brand.  I haven't noticed anything, but it cold be a different batch...??

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »
Please email or call the company Jo and make them aware :)

joagain

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
I did they said they would refund it for me but by the time I pay postage I will only get about half of what I paid for it . I dont know where I will order it from now because they said all of thiers looks like this . It looked like dirt in a bag

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »
Jo, I get my NOW almond flour from Amazon.com. Is there a reason you can't order from them? I also make my own using whole almonds and a coffee grinder.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »
I am a amazon girl too.I like the case prices. ;)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 11:02:28 AM »
Interesting I had ordered 3 or 4 weeks ago and noticed that what I received was a little darker.  I didn't notice a funny smell though.  I have used it all though  ???  Just placed another order yesterday and if it looks or smells funny I will contact Netrition.  I order from them all the time.  I order with them instead of Amazon because it seemed I had to wait longer on a shipment from Amazon to arrive. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
 I have amazon prime so my stuff comes in 2 days.I have zero patience when I need something ;) I order a lot of heavy stuff like black soy beans so it works for me.I do like netrition too because of the flat rate shipping of $4.99 . ;)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »
I ordered some NOW unblanched almond flour from Netrition a few weeks ago and it tastes fine! Having never used the unblanched before, I have nothing to compare the color to! I hope you get it all figured out Jo!! I'm about to order more, so I will check out Amazon instead for this time!! Thanks for letting us know!!  :)

joagain

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 01:53:26 PM »
WAs it will dark colored ? This batch was close to the color of cocoa powder.  All the others that I have ordered from netrition usually is a light color and you can see dark specks in it

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 05:11:11 PM »
Jo, Netrition may accept a picture of the discolored bags of flour instead of you having to send them back. It wouldn't hurt to ask. You could take a picture of the unopened bags showing the dark color and a picture of the unopened ones showing their dark color... They have to be getting other complaints and may refund your money without you having to return the product.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:13:15 PM by SarahC »

joagain

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
No I tried that they said all of there shipment that came in is a darker color . I have to return it for a refund I will get back what I can . I may just have to start using soy flour when I make stuff . With my hubbies hours cut cant really afford to bake right now anyway .

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »
Yes, Jo, it was a light cocoa color! But there wasn't an odd smell or taste!! I used it to make your yummy cornbread recipe and it's tastes delish!!!  ;)

joagain

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 06:21:31 AM »
HAve you made the cornbread with the new one you just bought yet ? To see if it taste the same ? If you make it today let me know . I am glad you like the cornbread I love it too!!