Author Topic: Newbie here!  (Read 6272 times)

CJ

• View Profile
Newbie here!
« on: May 29, 2010, 08:57:09 AM »
Hi all, I have read Doug's book and am just getting started. I am so excited. I had gastric bypass surgery 7 years ago and lost 125 pounds, but slowly but surely I have gained back 45 pounds! I understand totally how I did it. I started eating carbs again. I was on a low carb diet after surgery and I know it works. I could have skipped the surgery if I knew then what I know now. So here I am, back on the wagon. I am excited to see this forum and need the support. I wish there were a fat to skinny support group in MI somewhere. i do even better when I have to weigh in in front of people.....
I'm Blessed!!

UFGatorJenn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Newbie here!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:22:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  You'll find lots of support here, we have so many wonderful people!  You're not alone on your journey...we can do this!!!

Jenn

CJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »
Thanks so much
I'm Blessed!!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
lol.....hey CJ welcome ;) how about this...video tape your weigh in every week and post the video and we will all watch it !!!! just kiddin:) you'll be fine :)

CJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »
LOL..... I might just do that!!
I'm Blessed!!

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »
Hi CJ~ Nice to meet you and welcome to what I feel is just like family here in the Fat to Skinny forum!
Doug and his wife Umpa are wonderful  support to each one of us~ Lots a love and freedom here sharing together in this~
It's awesome finding the truth about hidden sugar in our lives! Glory! The enemy is exposed and kicked out for good! woo! hoo!
We're gonna make it, sis! We win!! \:D/

Lord bless you,
Cyndi

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

CJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 01:23:54 PM »
Amen Cyndi, we can do all thing thru Christ!!
I'm Blessed!!

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 01:27:17 PM »
Yes we can sis! and thank you for blessing the Savior~
Have a wonderful day and just enjoy sharing and asking!
Everyone is so willing to help in any way we can!  :D

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »
Katary videos EVERYTHING lol! Welcome! ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »
Welcome to the party, it's good to have you. There's a show on TV, a father/son medical team that performs gastric bypass on anyone who will pay the $20,000 tab. The last episode I saw involved a mother with 16 year old son who weighed in at 295. She brought her son to these two idiots as a "last hope cure" for her son's obesity.  I watched in horror as they "approved" him for surgery without discussion of any other remedy. Before it was over I was screaming at the television! Where are the ethics in the medical community? Why would any professional chop a kid up when all it takes is a good low sugar program and education to put him on the right track? It all makes me very very angry and sad all at the same time.

Now I'm going to ask you for your help. Everyday people come to this forum to find out how to lose weight and improve their health, many of them are considering this surgery. We need a point person on this issue by answering questions and offering real advice from a person who's "been there done that".

If this is something you feel comfortable with please post a topic called "Considering GASTRIC BYPASS? Stop here first!"

Thanks!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 06:50:26 PM »
Welcome CJ if I can help please let me know. :)

travelus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
Good started, our doc tell us to do this and that but not the right thing to help your health. Now if there did tell you on your first visit to there office what is wrong with you there well be out of JOB. So they keep you coming. Now if you do not have Inc you know how you are treated. My big time heart doc told me to start walking that it nothing about changing my eating habit. I'm glad that Doug took the time to figure it out for us and came up with good recipe as well, plus we have a place to meet and share ideal with one another. We know were to shop for our foods. So thank Doug for your hard work and being the test person for us. ::)  

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »
You are very welcome :) Are you Spanish by chance? If so it will please you to know that I'll have the Spanish version of FAT TO SKINNY available soon so you can help others in the community who don't speak or read English :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

CJ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 10:06:54 PM »
I'll do it Doug!!
I'm Blessed!!