Author Topic: "other" cookbooks  (Read 3030 times)

diamonddaddy

• View Profile
"other" cookbooks
« on: March 03, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
I  was recently given a copy of a cookbook authored by G. Stella (food network). His personal story is alot like the rest of us who are practicing the F to S lifestyle.

Am not asking that you endorse (or not) this book, but just wondering if you have found his carb counts for his recipes to be accurate?

Thank you in advance for your response!!

shawn116

Re: "other" cookbooks
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 01:04:38 PM »
Hi Diamonddaddy   I don't believe I have had the pleasure to welcome you to the FTS forum family. 

As for your question even without looking at the cookbook, I would think the carb counts he came up with are really not that important.  Ingredients are so varied in counts according brand....etc...  For example with almond meal I have seen 1 net carb for 1/4 cup all the way up to 4 net carbs.  Some people use powdered splenda that you can buy from the store and others use xylitol or other 0 carb sweetener.  Am I making sense here or confusing??  When I see a recipe on-line I can usually see where I can lower the carb counts by the products that I use  ;) 

I'll have to look this fellow up for sure.... do the recipes look good??

diamonddaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 01:13:12 PM »
Too Sweet,
Thank you for the welcome and input. Yes, some of the recipes look pretty good.

Best Wishes

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 02:37:38 PM »
 Hi diamonddaddy! :)

The bottom line... It's all about the carb count no matter whose recipe.

I have tried a few of his recipes and they are quite good.
Some are a bit carby for FTS and require adjustments.

It's nice to hear from you again!
Don't be such a stranger! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »
I find alot of the low carb cookbooks the recipes aren't tested like ours, so alot of the times they don't cook.After a few failures the recipes can get expensive.I like to take normal recipes and convert them to FTS.But you can use this cookbook and use ingredients you know are safe.You can also post them in ask umpa and I will look at them for you ;)