Author Topic: "Chicken" Spicey chicken noodle soup  (Read 7220 times)

shawn116

"Chicken" Spicey chicken noodle soup
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »
This is my rendition of Rena's wonderful Souper Spicy Soup -- for one! found here:
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3686.0   

Thanks again Rena for this yummy and quick soup!!  ;D  Here is what I made yesterday going off this same idea:

1 small can of white chicken breast. [0 carb]
1 can of chicken broth [0 carb]
2 Tbs pace Pace Picante sauce [2 net carbs]
1 very small celery stalk top and all  (I like to use the tiny young ones in the middle, they are more tender) [.5 net    carbs?  just to be safe]
2 egg whites [0 carbs]

I first sprayed a nonstick frying pan with Pam.  I let the egg whites spread out over the bottom evenly.  They cook quite quickly so watch them.  Once set up I carefully flipped over to cook the other side being careful not to let them fold onto itself.  Once all egg whites are done lay out on cutting board.  I used a pizza cutter but you could use a knife to slice into thin strips.  Set them aside.  In a bowl or even a large mug mix together other ingredients.  Place in Microwave and cook for about 2 minutes.  Drop in the "egg noodles" you have made and enjoy. 

I added a couple of shakes of hot sauce with mine because I like it really spicy.  I also liked floating the pork rinds one at a time like Rena suggested........Yummmmy   You probably could call this two servings but for so little carbs if you are hungry....go for it  ;)

These were very satisfying "noodles".   It really fooled my brain into thinking I was eating the real thing.  I wonder how many other uses we could use them in??   ::)

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: "Chicken" Spicey chicken noodle soup
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:14:27 AM »
That looks great, Shawn! (and Rena!) Who would have thought about making noodles this way! What kind of chicken broth do you use? The stuff I use is 1 carb per cup...

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 10:33:17 AM »
I know the Swanson's brand is 2 net carbs for the can.  :(   I think I found mine at the Dollar store or somewhere like that Sarah. I was excited because their chicken and beef broth where both 0.   My local grocery store sells one that is organic that lists it as 0 carbs as well.   I can't remember the name on the can right off hand though  :-\  "one of those senior moments"  ;D I still say they aren't just for seniors...LOL   I already got rid of the trash so I can't look...sorry  I do have a can of Food lion brand beef broth that is 0 as well....hmmm  I wonder if it was that brand??   ::) ::) If you look around though you can find them.  Other wise home made stock is always good  ;)

joagain

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »
sounds good toosweet

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »
I tried Jo's version (she posted last October) and liked it.
I added a few shakes of Emeril's Essence Seasoning to "kick it up a notch". ;)

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3550.msg32894#msg32894

However, when I'm on the mood for something with "kick", I like Rena's version with some tofu noodles added.

Wonder if this recipe would work using whole eggs (whisked together) for an eggy "egg noodle" taste?
Naturally, would have to add the carbs depending how many eggs were used.
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 06:10:49 PM »

Wonder if this recipe would work using whole eggs (whisked together) for an eggy "egg noodle" taste?

I bet it would Tony  :)  I like the egg whites because it has the same feel as a noodle.  I haven't been able to bring myself to like the tofu noodles yet.  I admit I haven't tried them in soup yet though.  I've been wanting to try the other kind but haven't ordered any yet.  This sure made for a good quick lunch  ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:38:05 AM »
Great idea....truly egg noodles!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:07:27 AM »
Great Idea TooSweet! :)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 06:53:14 AM »
Thanks TooSweet for the egg noodle idea!  Fixed some for dinner last night.  Had baked a london broil.  Used the london broil broth (0 carb beef broth), xanthum gum and heavy whipping cream to make a gravy.  We had beef and noodles with a side of italian green beans.  Yep...this is a keeper!!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:31:00 AM by suzlyn454 »
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »
Egg noodles who would have thunk it! :D

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »
That looks really good Suz!!!   ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 11:49:37 AM »
Egg noodles who would have thunk it! :D

When you think about it, packaged egg noodles in the store are flour noodles with some egg added.
These are the Real McCoy!!!

Made some soup last night with "whole egg" noodles.... Delish!!! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Shawn!!! :) :) :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:51:15 AM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »
Looks yummy.  I have never cooked london broil. 

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »
Amber, london broil is my fav roast.  I used to buy arm roasts but rarely do now.  I buy london broil when they are buy one get one free LOL  :D  I just put them both in a roasting pan with Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning and add a 32 oz container of broth (Walmart's Great Value Beef Broth is 0 carbs).  After it is done and falling apart I strain the broth to make my gravy.  Delish!
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 09:52:35 AM »
London Broil is my favorite steak on the grill!! Watch Dougs beef jerky video on tips how to cut it so it falls apart!If you cut it the wrong way its like rubber! ;)