Author Topic: stress eatting  (Read 9510 times)

justforfun

• The joy of the journey is in the ride.
    • View Profile
stress eatting
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »

what are some helpful hints......big carb person! Trying very hard!!
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wCQy588/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

joagain

Re: stress eatting
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:15:15 PM »
Hey justforfun you just have to be will strong for the first week or so the first 3-4 days or the worst . if you slip and eat something of the sugar /flour then your detox has to start all over .
I like to have some hot beef broth when I am wanting something that seems to help me . Good Luck you just have to be strong & hold on . try not to eat anything sweet even FTS sweets until you get detoxed all the way . 
It will all be over in about a week  ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:25:45 PM »
I over-ate good FTS stuff when I was doing detox - like I would have a bit of cheese or a handful of nuts when I started craving. I thought dill pickles helped, too. Just read labels to make sure what you're eating isn't loaded. I knew I was eating too many nuts, but it helped get me past the sugar craves and I didn't have a problem side-stepping the nuts when I quit craving sugar. Otherwise I was in the kitchen every couple minutes looking for something without thinking about it. Thankfully it doesn't take long.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »
Hi Justforfun and welcome!   ;D  Don't stress to bad....like Sarah and Jo said detox doesn't last to long thankfully  LOL    Once you get through and the sugar is out of your system you won't crave those carbs anymore....you'll see  And your energy will sore   ;) Remember to drink lots of fresh cold water.  In the first two weeks I tried to stick to mostly 0 carb items as much as I could ....that way if I needed to snack I didn't feel like I was hurting myself to bad.  Clean out those cabnets of those high carb items if you haven't already.  Or at least if you are like me and have other family members that still think they need them  ::)  make yourself a special shelf.  The best advise I can give to someone new is to be prepaired.  If you are caught hungry and don't have something there....you are going to grab the wrong things.  Plan ahead, make snack trays, carry nuts, beefsticks, sugar free candy.....etc....For sure come to the forum often.  There is great support here so lean on us if need be..ask questions..and chime in often, we love the company  ;)  Again welcome to the family

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 09:41:19 AM »
Welcome justforfun! I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.
Hint1 Read the book
Hint 2 commit to detox.Once you detox all sugar (crab)cravings go away and your energy will go through the roof.
Hint 3 Use the forum.There are alot of experienced and kind people here to help you.
Hint 4 Only eat when hungry. You are gonna be shocked how much your food habits will change when you lose the sugar. :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:37:15 AM »
I agree with TooSweet that planning ahead is hugely important.  If you are a list maker, write down what you have available and what your menu plan is.  When you are in the midst of a craving is not the time to figure out what you are going to eat.  Food journals are a really good tool and I think it is easier to keep an accurate journal if you do most of the work ahead of time.

If you're not a list maker, try having a separate place (shelf in the refrigerator, corner of the pantry) where you keep your FTS-legal food.  Sorting through the shelves in the midst of a craving can sabotage your efforts.

(I know, Doug, that getting the non-FTS stuff out of the house is better, but sometimes that isn't realistic.)

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »
(I know, Doug, that getting the non-FTS stuff out of the house is better, but sometimes that isn't realistic.)

LOL  my Hubs would cry   Ha!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
My husband would waste away to nothing.  He wanted to support me when I got started and he lost 10 pounds and everyone started to ask him if he was sick.  He looked gaunt and it isn't attractive on him.  We have an FTS dinner together but his maintenance carb level is well over 100 per day.  He has made better choices of which carbs he eats, though.

I had to tell him to put the weight back on because one of my goals was to weigh less than him and I didn't want a moving target.  I'm well below that now but I was serious at the time.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »
You've done great, Andrea! I've only lost 25 pounds and am struggling with it. It seems like it I'm stuck whether I eat lots or little.

joagain

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »
Andrea & sarah how old are yall if you dont mind me asking ? Also Andrea did you have to do anything differently to lose because of your thyroid issue . I remember you telling me about that when I had posted about mine being 3.5 or 3.9 I cant remember now . The docs still will not do anything about it . I went to 2 docs they said anything under 4 does not need meds .

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 12:25:10 PM »
60, Jo.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »
Welcome to the family, justforfun!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

As you can see, the folks here are very knowledgeable about getting started with FTS.
And we'll be right here with you all the way!

I like you're saying; "The joy of the journey is in the ride."
It sums up the FTS lifestyle.
But before the "ride" really gets going, sugar detox pains are necessary for most of us.

The body does not like radical changes and that makes detox tough for many folks.
But hang in there!... We know EXACTLY how you feel!

And we also know, it's so worth getting past sugar detox!
The cravings will be gone and you'll feel sooooo gooood!!! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »
Jo,
I'm 59.  I gained weight because of my thyroid problems.  It has been removed so I'm dependent upon thyroid meds for survival.  I tried other ways to lose weight including Weight Watchers.  Nothing worked and I was constantly hungry.  My doctor told me to get the book, join the forum and get serious.  I went off carbs cold turkey and will never go back.  Even my doctor is amazed at my progress in spite of my hypothyroidism fighting against me.

There is new research that shows that the TSH ranges most docs use is too high.  Your doctors are being conservative but I understand how doctor hopping isn't realistic.  If you ever have the chance to have a primary care doctor who is a DO instead of an MD, you may have more luck getting him/her to look at the whole picture, not just the test results.  I'll keep your overall health and well-being on my prayer list.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 09:33:43 AM »
What is your doctors name Andrea? :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 01:09:18 AM »