Author Topic: stress eatting  (Read 9509 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: stress eatting
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »
Could I have his phone number?He has sent several people here and I would like to call him and thank him ;) Do you know Jen?He sent her here too.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »
He's listed online - google him. You could even send him a copy of the book for his waiting room.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »
They have copies of the yellow book around the office but I haven't seen the red one.  I gave him a hard time when I first started FTS because, on the way to the exam room, I passed jelly beans, Red Vines and cinnamon rolls.  They don't have that out anymore.  He's an FTSer, too.

I'll send contact info in an email.  I don't know Jen but I know she's close.  We haven't heard from her in a while.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 09:53:12 AM »
Thanks Andrea! You are almost at the 75 pound mark!!!!  :o

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 10:13:57 AM »
I'm a fits and starts loser.  I'm hoping to get to my goal by the one year mark.  I'm getting lots of comments now. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 09:48:44 AM »
What till you start going through photos that really blew me away because I never realized how big I was! I refused to weigh myself because i was more than a number. :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »
Thanks Andrea! You are almost at the 75 pound mark!!!!  :o

Hooray Andrea!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 06:40:01 AM »
Hi justforfun -- welcome to FTS -- I'm new and going through detox too.  I'm drinking cold water -- each night when i come home from work I fill water bottles and put them in the freezer.  Then i can take one or two with me to work, or one to the gym, etc. 

Hang in there with the detox -- one day (or hour) at a time will see us through!!!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 02:20:50 PM »
I over-ate good FTS stuff when I was doing detox - like I would have a bit of cheese or a handful of nuts when I started craving. I thought dill pickles helped, too. Just read labels to make sure what you're eating isn't loaded. I knew I was eating too many nuts, but it helped get me past the sugar craves and I didn't have a problem side-stepping the nuts when I quit craving sugar. Otherwise I was in the kitchen every couple minutes looking for something without thinking about it. Thankfully it doesn't take long.

SarahC, this is an excellent idea. I see it as working in stages. First, you can change your foods to FTS foods and hit the 20 NC goal, but don't worry about amounts (unless the portions affect the carbs). THEN, once you've got the hang of it, reduce the portions. I think this is a solid, sane approach.

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
WTG Andrea! ;D

Stress eating.
  If you don't always want to prepare something and you like instant at hand gratification, here is what I always keep on hand; cans of Reddi-whip, sugar free jello cups, cheese sticks, slim jims, mixed nuts, diet rootbeer, pork rinds, deli meat, cans of tuna. Lately I have been on a chicken salad with pecans and sugar free relish kick... also mixing a packet of sugar free jello mix in with a tub of Coolwhip. A couple of huge dollops of that and you have a light cool dessert ( I think it would rock even more with some sugar free marshmellows but I have to find some first). Also check out that One Minute Muffin recipe and the Five minute brownie. (OMG the brownie got me through the first month!!)
Good Luck and *HUGS*  :)