Author Topic: Having a Hardtime  (Read 4500 times)

joagain

Having a Hardtime
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »
Ok  my mouth is much better but still would not be able to tear into a delish steak (no teeth ) . My problem is that having this done has created my sugar monster . it is so very frustrating  . Of course I know I have to detox again but for some reason I am having a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hard time sticking to it . For one thing I got addicted to bananas & PB because I was starving and eat that .
 I have not ate any bread  I think if I did it would be over  I would blow up & float away .

I am really mad & frustrated with myself for not being able to jump back on  >:( :( :o ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'(
This is how I feel UGH  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I have gained but I refuse to up my ticker . >:(
Why is it harder then when I first started ? Or it seems to be anyway .

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Having a Hardtime
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »
You have my sympathy.  It's really hard when you have so many things to be stressed about.  I hope you can find a way to look forward and stop beating yourself up about what is in the past.  I'm praying that you can give yourself the gift of a new start.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 10:56:12 AM »
Jo, when you have time, make yourself some special FTS food (especially treats) that you can eat without teeth. Plan ahead so you have everything you need and pamper yourself! It will get you through detox and back on track! You can do it! Make yourself some FTS smoothies using beanit butter and banana extract. You're a smart lady. You can think of ways to get around the mouth issues. We're all behind you!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
Make yourself some FTS smoothies using beanit butter and banana extract
  This is a great idea.  I was going to suggest you eat something with the flavoring until you can get a handle on the sugar detox.   FTS peanut butter and banana shake would probably be pretty good!  Please don't beat yourself up Jo,  you have been dealing with a lot of stress, but now that you are on the mend.... all will be well again.  Just keep looking forward and up dear  ;)   We are here to lean on  :)

joagain

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 11:41:21 AM »
Thanks ladies it is not the eating now it is the craving just like I just started .I dont think anything sweet is the answer right now . I know I need fish chicken eggs and greens ,I know what to do just seen to have lost motavation . Ready to give up but know that I cant  I have Tyler to think about !!

Just very hard knowing that  I have been losing weight for more then half of my life and I am still fat it is just hard not to say whats the point !!!!! 
Oh well just venting Bad day ,there is always tommorrow I have nothing that I am not suppose to today .

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 11:43:27 AM »
Vent away Jo...... hang in there tomorrow is coming  ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »
I'll think positive for you, Jo.  The afternoon is coming and that could be better, too.  Don't doom yourself to the whole day. 

Good luck.  Funks are so hard to live through.

Now I have that Annie song in my head:  The sun will come up tomorrow.  I need to turn on the radio and get that gone.

joagain

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 12:08:06 PM »
Yes it will toosweet , Thanks for thinking postive for me Andrea I need it . I have always been the glass is half empty kinda gal . And the sun will come up tommorrow  .
Every morning I say ok say no to the cravings . One thing that I have learned form FTS for a year is I am not throwing it all away and eating anything > when I craved & caved it was on a banana SF pudding . So not really bad just too many carbs . Before I would have said bring everything on and I will start again Monday  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »
Hi Jo. :)

Life is loaded with stresses.
Sometimes, it seems like they hit all at once.

The Good Lord put Tyler in your life for a number of reasons... And this is one of them.
Tyler is your "insurance policy" against going back to your old ways and staying there.

The Lord will give you the strength you need to beat the cravings.
Just seek Him out in prayer when they bother you.
Also, simply drinking a glass of ice cod water will often stop cravings... This works for me!  ;)

I will be saying special prayers for you to get past these challenging times.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
Please say those extra prayers for me I need them . And Tony I believe you have to be the sweetest man I know other then my sweet husband  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »
... And Tony I believe you have to be the sweetest man I know other then my sweet husband  ;D

Aw shucks, Jo... I'm blushing! ::)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:27:29 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 03:09:41 PM »
Hang in there Jo, you can do it! Drink lots of water, snack on some almonds (flavored ones make you drink more water!), stay busy.  You've got this!

joagain

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 03:21:03 PM »
Amber  lol I have no back teeth ,that is what got me through when I started fts last year . No more almonds for me I guess I could try eating them like. A chipmunk   :D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
Sometimes I suck on an almond, then eat it with my front teeth. Just playing with it eases cravings... Worth a try! We're all pulling for you!

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »
You can do this, I'm no pro at FTS but I have faith in you,  everyone on the forum is an inspriation to me and you are too.  Maybe you could make the OMM and kind of suck on it until it is soft enough for you to chew/swallow.  We are all with you  with this hurdle and we will all get over it together.