Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3166 times)

linda55

• MSN Messenger - lewoods55@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: March 17, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »
Hello Everyone.  I am brand new here at the FTS forum.  I'm looking so forward to interacting with all of you and learning about your stories and getting support from you too.

I started the program only three days ago and omg, I can't help myself.  I have been getting up to weight myself every morning (which I know I'm not supposed to do) but...it's all so exciting.

I've always been slim my whole life having been physically active, but after a major surgery in my late forty's...um...well, something changed.  I took steroids for allergies when I lived in Oregon...allergic to grass seeds, and I gained 50 lbs, some I've lost, but it always plateaus when I try a Weight Watchers, Atkins or a low-fat diet. 

I knew about carbs...at least I thought I did, until reading Doug's book.  The sugar equivilent to carbs was a real eye-opener for me.  I thought I knew just about everything relating to dieting...but just shows we all have room for awareness and growth.

I can't wait to be skinny this summer.  This is so exciting.  I think I'll go buy a size 6 swimsuit now and hang it on my wall.  Yahoo.

Good luck everyone.

Linda
Linda

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
Hi Linda! Welcome to FTS! This is a great place to be - lots of friendly people and great recipes and support. I like this way of eating so much that I don't think I'd eat the old way even if I could! Post often and join the fun!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:38:52 PM »
Hi Linda!  Welcome to the forum!  You will find lots of support here, and lots of wonderful people.  We all lose at different rates, so don't put a time frame on it.  Just stick with the program every day, and the weight has no choice but to come off!  I really LOVE eating this way!  Wish I had known to eat this way years ago.  So glad you are here!   ;D

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 11:26:20 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family Linda!!  We are so glad you have come to join us  ;) ;)  Good luck with your journey to that size 6 swim suit!!    8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 09:13:24 AM »
Hi Linda! Welcome to the forum :) Buy the swimsuit! i am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.The reason people are so successful on FTS is REPLACEMENTS.We have replacements for everything.Its a lifestyle change.If you replace foods instead of removing them,once you lose the weight there are no foods to add back in to gain the weight back.Cycle broken ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »
Welcome Linda!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 05:26:56 PM »
Welcome to the family, Linda!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Maddysmon is so right!... Don't put your weight loss on a schedule!
Our bodies run on their own timelines.
We can influence the direction of progress. But can't dictate the "when" of it.

So relax and enjoy the FTS lifestyle.
It is a lot of fun! The food is fantastic and so healthy for you too! ;D
You'll be amazed at how much better, you'll feel, and how much more energy you'll have!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!