Author Topic: Time to do the Bunny Hop!!! Easter Recipe Contest!  (Read 10157 times)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Time to do the Bunny Hop!!! Easter Recipe Contest!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 11:03:55 AM »
Kim's Broccoli Casserole

1/2 cup of the stuffed celery filling above
1/2 jar of low carb jarred alfredo sauce
salt & pepper to taste
2 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
9 cups raw broccoli florets
1/2 cup raw onion sliced

Steam the broccoli and onion a bit.  Drain off any excess water.  In a bowl, whisk the eggs, salt & pepper, cream, alfredo sauce and celery filling.  Toss together with the broccoli & onion.  Pour into a sprayed large casserole dish.  Bake approximately 30 mins.  This makes ALOT!!  If you scoop out 10 servings the carb count is approximately 4 net carbs per my Mastercook calculations.

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »

Kim's Chicken, Cheese & Mushroom Bake

Note:  Great for those of us who like to make freezer meals.  I bake one and freeze 2 in casserole dishes that I can simply pop out, thaw during the day and bake for dinner. 

3 pounds Cooked Chicken Breast Halves, Bake in oven 90 min
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
3 cups water
2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 tablespoon garlic powder
10 ounces mushrooms
16 ounces grated cheese
1/2 cup broth, from the baked chicken
1/2 cup sliced onions ~ sauteed ~ optional
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup heavy cream

Place the chicken in a large casserole dish and add the water.  Sprinkle with salt & pepper and dot with the butter.  This is your 1st 4 ingredients on the list.  Bake an hour at 350.  Remove the chicken and divide it into your casserole dishes or freezer bags.  Make the sauce by putting ALL the other ingredients into a pot and heat until the cheese melts.  Divide your sauce evenly between the 3 dishes or bags.  OR you could just make one large casserole.  Just bake at 350 for approx 30 mins when you are ready to eat it.  Total servings are 9 or 3 servings per meal.  Perfect size since it's just me & hubbie at home now.  The net carb count per serving is 4.  This is really good with cauli rice or green beans or ...hmmm - it's good with anything!! 
Note:  You could make this a curry dish by adding curry powder to the sauce when you make it.  I do that sometimes.

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »

NOTE:  All of the recipes I am posting are my own so I realllllly hope you like them  :)

Kim's Low Carb Spaghetti Pie

1 1/2 pounds ground beef, lean, browned and drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
16 ounces canned tomatoes
Dried Italian Seasoning

1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
4 cups zucchini ~ made into noodles but don't cook it
2 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1/3 Cup parmesan cheese
2  eggs, beaten
salt & pepper to taste

Brown the beef & drain.  Add onion & garlic and saute.  Add tomatoes (I run mine through a processor) and seasoning.  Simmer about 30 mins or so.  NOTE:  You can make alot of this sauce to have sugar free sauce in the freezer  :)

Toss the julienned zucchini in butter, parm cheese, eggs, salt & pepper.  Spread the zucchini mixture on the bottom of a sprayed pie pan.  Spread meat mixture on top of that and add mozzarella cheese to the top.   Bake at 350 approximately 20 - 30 mins.  I got 6 servings for 6 net carbs per serving.  If you need a lower carb count use less veggies.....

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »

Low Carb Spaghetti

Recipe for the Low Carb Meat Sauce in #4
Zucchini Noodles
Mozzarella Cheese or Parmesan Cheese

Grab a bag of your frozen meat sauce out the fridge.  Heat it up.  Saute the Zucchini Noodles for a couple of minutes in olive oil.  Be careful because they get mushy kinda quick.  Top the noodles with the sauce and then the cheese.  Super quick and easy dinner  :)

Note:  Sometimes I toss the noodles in homemade pesto sauce and then top with the meat sauce & cheese.

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »

Kim's Almost Zero Carb Blue Cheese Dressing

Notes:  Noone can ever tell that this is low carb!!  You must use So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Beverage to keep these carbs so low.  Get the carton that says 50 calories & unsweetened.  You can adjust the thickness/thinness of this by using more or less coconut milk which has only 1 carb in a cup.  This is also good to make thick and use as a dip for wings!

1 cup Coconut Milk Beverage So Delicious
1 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper
dried parsley
dried chives
garlic powder
onion powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled

Simply blend all of this together.  I use a small food processor.  Makes just over 2 cups and if you use 2 tablespoons your carb count will be zero.  I LOVE this dressing!!!!!!  Sorry but I do not measure all of the spices but you can't mess this up.  Just throw the spices in and it'll be GREAT!  Mastercook tells me that the entire recipe is 1 carb  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
Wow, Kim!... Great recipes!!! ;D ;D ;D

You do mean to win, don't you? ;)
What you do today is what matters!

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »

Kim's Low Carb Pizza

NOTE:  This is the best low carb pizza ever ~ tastes just like a thin crust pizza you could buy anywhere!!  I keep all the ingredients in the freezer so that I can have pizza anytime I want it.  Make sure your pizza sauce doesn't have sugar in it.  Make your own batch and freeze it in snack size baggies.   Put the baggies into a freezer bag.  An entire pizza has 14 carbs so watch your serving size  :)

1 Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Lavash Bread
1 1/3 cups mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons pizza sauce
20 slices of pepperoni
Olive Oil Spray

Spray a baking sheet with the oil.  Put the bread on the sheet & then spray with a little oil.  Smear 2 tablespoons of sugar free pizza sauce on the bread.  Top with the cheese and then the pepperoni.  Bake at 375 for approximately 20 - 30 mins.  The whole pizza is 14 net carbs and 1/2 of the pizza is 7 net carbs.  

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
#8 ~ Last one for today I think....

Low Carb Cheesecake

Note:  This is not my recipe but waI did tweak it.  Not sure where I saw it.  It is THE BEST low carb cheesecake you will ever eat!  Even my non-low carb friends ask for the recipe!

Heat oven to 350

Make the Crust:
2 cups almond flour
4 tablespoons melted butter
3 T sugar equivalent ~ I use Kroger brand zero calorie baking sweetener (purple bag)
Mis this all together & press into the bottom and little up the sides of a springform pan.  Bake in the oven while you make the filling.  Browned but be careful not to burn it. Keep checking it.  Remove it once it is lightly browned.  Turn your oven down to 200.

Make the Filling:
3 pkgs cream cheese
4 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 t almond extract
1 1/2 t lemon juice
1 1/3 cups baking equivalent
1/4 cup sour cream

Whip all of the filling ingredients in a mixer.  I whip it a long time - about 15 mins.  You need to make sure that you are scraping the sides of the bowl every now and then to make sure the cream cheese doesn't get stuck to the sides.  Pour into the crust.

Bake at 200 for 90 mins.  Turn the heat up to 350 and bake approximately 20-30 mins until a knife inserted comes out clean. 
It is important to refrigerate this to cool prior to serving for the best texture and taste.  If you cut the cake into 16 servings the carb count should be 2 net carbs.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
i guess I should have checked here first!! :D :D :D :D Sorry Kim

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »

Kim's Three Bean Salad

Just made this to have with some grilled meat tonight.  YUMMY

1 can green beans ~ drained
1 can wax beans ~ drained
1 can organic black soybeans ~ drained & rinsed
2 tablespoons finely diced onion
1/4 cup Bragg's apple cider vinegar (any vinegar will do but I like this)
3/4 cup water
1/4 - 1/2 t salt (depends on if your beans are unsalted or not - just salt to taste)
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t garlic
12 or more drops of SteviaClear ~ depends on how sweet you like it.

So.....mix everything together except the beans then add the beans.  Best if you let it chill and let the flavors meld in the fridge a bit.  This will make about 9 servings of 1/2 cup each and each 1/2 cup serving is about 2 grams net carbs.

shawn116

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
1 1/3 cups baking equivalent
  What is this Kim?  I think I'm missing something  ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 07:00:22 PM »
I see on another post, Shawn, that it's the sweetener.

shawn116

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 10:40:54 PM »
I did see that as well....thanks Sarah    I thought I was having a moment or something  LOL   ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 10:55:48 PM »
I didn't know what it meant either. That's something I would do - I always think everybody knows what I'm thinking.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 08:33:24 AM »
Never tried wax beans had to look them up! ;) Kim is in it to win it you guys! ;D