Author Topic: they are right, it is So Delicious!  (Read 1971 times)

froglvr

• View Profile
they are right, it is So Delicious!
« on: March 29, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »
Hello FTS family!  My apologies for my absence.  I have been very busy with Spring Break, family life and work.  I even took a little time away from the FTS lifestyle and luckily did not gain anything because I was very careful. I am back on it now and the scale is moving down again.  YES!

I wanted to let you know about a milk replacement I have stumbled across and love.  It is the SO Delicious brand of unsweetened coconut milk (I buy the organic one in the milk section of my grocery store).  It is only 1g of carbs per cup:o

My apologies if you already knew about it but I wanted to pass it along to anyone looking for a milk replacement that is low carb AND low calorie.  Half and half and cream have such small serving sizes for the same carb and calorie count.  I am loving being able to have a cup of "milk" again!  Plus you can use it in everything...coffee, tea, shakes, etc and it is dairy free for anyone out there with lactose issues.  Here is a link to the website if you want to read about it: http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-beverages/unsweetened

In case you are wondering...I do NOT own stock in the company. :)  I just love this stuff!  ;D
Hope everyone is doing well!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: they are right, it is So Delicious!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
Product reviews are always appreciated! Welcome back  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »
Hi Froglvr  Glad to see you again  ;)  does this one have a strong coconut flavor to it?  I just discovered the almond/coconut milk and really like it too....  I'll have to look for this one as well

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
Welcome back, froglvr!!! :) :) :) :) :)

As you know, one of the beautiful things about FTS is that if you stop following it to the letter for a short time,
you can get right back on track anytime very easily.
Plus while away, having a developed "carb awareness" helps us avoid going completely overboard.

I've been known to take Umpa's Coconut Cake, put a piece in a bowl, pour on some Coconut milk and sprinkle it with a little xylitol.
This can be nuked a bit to warm if desired, too!

This makes a yummy coconut cereal! ;D ;D ;D
Give it a try sometime! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »
Welcome Back! ;)

froglvr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 09:55:38 PM »
Thanks for all of the warm "welcome back"s!  You are the best!

TooSweet - It does not have a strong coconut taste to me and it is light and kind of watery, similar to the consistency of powdered fat-free milk if you have ever had that.  I hope your store has it so you can give it a try.

Mouseissue - thank you so much for the coconut cereal suggestion with the coconut cake (LOVE that stuff!)...I will definitely try that.

Have a great weekend everyone!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 08:21:34 AM »
You too froglver! ;)