Author Topic: I Call For The Immediate Resignation of Regina M. Benjamin our surgeon general  (Read 1389 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
I Call For The Immediate Resignation of Regina M. Benjamin our surgeon general and I charge her with Treason against the American People!

Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes are killing this great nation and making us weak and vulnerable. Our surgeon general Regina M. Benjamin has a mandate set out for her in her job description outlined below.

SHE KNOWS- Sugar, fructose and excess starch are the roots of our obesity epidemic but she does NOTHING to announce this to the American people.

SHE KNOWS- Announcing the truth to the American people would be political suicide therefor she protects her own interests over that of her charge.

SHE KNOWS- 90% of the diabetes medication our citizens are ingesting could be removed from our intake if we were to change our sugar intake.

SHE KNOWS- How much money the pharmaceutical industry will lose if she takes a stand and reveals the truth.

SHE KNOWS  what I know ....oh yes SHE KNOWS.....BUT she she chooses to buckle under the pressure of the lobbyists for the sugar industry, the pharmaceutical industry and the food industry.  

Duties of the Surgeon General as laid out in her Job Description- http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/about/duties/index.html

The duties of the Surgeon General are to:

Protect and advance the health of the Nation through educating the public, advocating for effective disease prevention and health promotion programs and activities, and, providing a highly recognized symbol of national commitment to protecting and improving the public's health,
    Articulate scientifically based health policy analysis and advice to the President and the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) on the full range of critical public health, medical, and health system issues facing the Nation,
    Provide leadership in promoting special Departmental health initiatives, e.g., tobacco and HIV prevention efforts, with other governmental and non-governmental entities, both domestically and internationally,
    Administer the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) Commissioned Corps, which is a uniquely expert, diverse, flexible, and committed career force of public health professionals who can respond to both current and long-term health needs of the Nation,
    Provide leadership and management oversight for PHS Commissioned Corps involvement in Departmental emergency preparedness and response activities,
    Elevate the quality of public health practice in the professional disciplines through the advancement of appropriate standards and research priorities, and
    Fulfill statutory and customary Departmental representational functions on a wide variety of Federal boards and governing bodies of non-Federal health organizations, including the Board of Regents of the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, the National Library of Medicine, the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, the Association of Military Surgeons of the United States, and the American Medical Association.

YES Regina Benjamin, you are GUILTY of treason for not following your charge and I DEMAND your immediate resignation!  >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:54:26 PM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
I second your motion, Doug!!!

We have an opportunity to rid ourselves of her in the November elections.
If Obama goes... She's gone!!!
This is another piece of information we should remember come the elections.

Sadly, we do not know if her "replacement" would be any better.
Since D.C. is run by lobbyists, it's their desires that usually triumph. >:(
But, it's possible we may have a new administration that will understand the truth and step out to actually protect the American people!

One thing's sure, with no change in administration, our situation will only get worse!
The next four years will be "lame duck" with no reelection to worry about.
This means hello "Cap & Trade" for far higher electric rates and $8-$10 per gallon gas that the Energy Secretary wants!
And Lord knows what else!!!
What you do today is what matters!