Author Topic: Hi, I'm a newbie  (Read 11322 times)

tonia175

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi, I'm a newbie
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »
I just wanted to say hello.
My name is Tonia and I bought the fat to skinny book last week.
I have been reading on this site for about 1 month and had been doing my version of low carb.
I liked the what I read here so I bought the book and love the meal recipes . Everyone here seems to be so nice.I have been on other sites in the past and they seemed very "clicky". So, it is nice to see the friendly responses here to all the post's.

My highest weight was 360 pounds in 2007 I lost  about 81 lb on my own. Went through a bad crisis and am finally
caring about   myself again.
I am a single mother to 4 great kids too! :)

Hope everyone has  great day!

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm a newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:49:17 AM »
Welcome, Tonia! Glad you're here! FTS is the best - the REAL - way to take weight off and feel great! The people here are great - so supportive and helpful!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
Hi Tonia!  Welcome to the forum!  It's great to have you here with us.  Congrats on the 81 pounds lost!!  Wow!  You will find it even easier to live low carb with all the support you will find here!   You sound a lot like me!  My highest weight was 376.  Like you, I just decided to finally take time out to take care of myself, and SO glad I did.  I have met so many wonderful people through FTS, and you will too!  Everyone here loves to see each other succeed!  ;D  Again...welcome 

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »
Welcome aboard, Tonia.  A healthy mom is such a great gift to your kids.  Being part of the forum is much more fun than going it alone.  I stayed in the background for the first few months but have more fun participating.

We're here to share the ups and downs, answer questions and smooth the way to the FTS lifestyle.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
Welcome to the family, Tonia!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You've found "The REAL Deal" with FTS!

Most of my life, I've done just about everything (short of surgery) to lose weight.
This is the first time I've been able to keep the weight off for so long and eat so well doing it!
FTS really works!!!

And as you've read, this forum has some of the most supportive people on the planet!
We really care about one another here like family!... And we care for you too! :) :) :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

tonia175

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 02:23:50 PM »
Thank you so much for welcoming me :)! I look forward to the rest of my weight loss and being in touch with you all.
Have a wonderful day !

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 01:50:21 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family Tonia!!!  We are just one big click here  ;) ;)  Please chime in often  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 08:50:19 AM »
Welcome Tonia! 4 kids you have your hands full! How old are they? :) I am Umpa ,Dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. You have found the right place.Congrats on the 81 pounds.Check out sherripies story i think it will motivate you ;)

tonia175

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 08:28:25 PM »
Hi Umpa,
 My kids are 20 (my only girl),19,14 and 9.All still at home -(their father passed away 2 years in nov. So,I don't mind them all being with me .) But it really doesn't get easier as they get older.LOL ;D

Again, thanks to all for welcoming me.

Take care and be well.

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:29:45 AM »
Hi Tonia -- I'm Elizabeth -- and I'm new to this forum also.  Congratulations on losing 81 pounds and for some reason the words you said, "on my own" sort of stuck out at me.  I admire your courage in doing that, because that took a lot of work.  I agree that going through a crisis can really play havoc with out goals for health and wanting to take care of ourselves.  I'm glad you have come through that and are being good to yourself again.  And you said you're a single mom with 4 kids....wow you are a busy lady. 

Something that occurs to me about losing weight "on our own" though is that sometimes that can be a lonely process.  Only others who are going through the same process really understand how "on our own" feels.  The struggles, the hope, the setbacks, the temptation, and yes, the victories also.  Also "on our own" means we can learn to be good to ourselves in a HEALTHY way -- and I'm sure that's what you had to learn to lose that 81 pounds.....participating in a forum can be so helpful....plus....i can't type and eat at the same time......lol

You are right that this is a friendly forum.  I experienced that somewhere else also (not here and not 3FC -- they are very nice also). 
But that sent me back to the bookstore.  and there was this BIG RED....I mean REALLY BRIGHT RED book with this man standing there holding up his "fat pants."  So I dragged it over to a table at starbucks and looked through it and put it back.  Well, I put it back because it seemed like the "atkins books" i had already bought.....but couldn't get that book outta of my head.  So I came home and checked out this site....and went to the bookstore and bought the book.  There is a difference between low carb and FattoSkinny low carb.  It's more simplified, and I think the recipes are the key.  Maddysmom was telling me on another thread there is a BAKERY book.....we need to check that out also.  And we also need to get ahold of some of those crispbread crackers. 

So, you and I keep reading that book and let's try out some recipes.

We can do this! 

Best wishes to you for your success. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »
Elizabeth you make me smile :)

tonia175

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 11:18:11 AM »
Thanks Elizabeth!

I wanted to update my ticker- down 3 lb!  :o

Hope every one had a great Easter!

My meal was ham,fresh green beans and homemade(fts way) broccoli salad-yum!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 12:31:03 PM »
Kudos on the 3 pound loss, Tonia!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like you had a very nice Easter dinner!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »
... Something that occurs to me about losing weight "on our own" though is that sometimes that can be a lonely process.  Only others who are going through the same process really understand how "on our own" feels.  The struggles, the hope, the setbacks, the temptation, and yes, the victories also.  Also "on our own" means we can learn to be good to ourselves in a HEALTHY way -- and I'm sure that's what you had to learn to lose that 81 pounds.....participating in a forum can be so helpful....plus....i can't type and eat at the same time......lol ...

Hi Elizabeth! :)

You've summed up what this forum is all about.

We share each others successes, setbacks, ups, downs, etc..
We are all in this together, and all want to see each other succeed.
We are the FTS family!!! ;D ;D ;D

This is a great place to visit and participate if someone feels alone and would like some support, or just someone to listen.
True love and caring are shared generously here.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 08:56:25 AM »
Good for you Tonia!!! Hot Chick Dance!! :D Its like Easter again I have put so many hot chicks up today!! SUCCESS IS SO COOL! 8)