Author Topic: MiO water enhancer-is it for real?  (Read 8095 times)

BarbaraBuck

• View Profile
    • Email
MiO water enhancer-is it for real?
« on: April 18, 2012, 10:03:25 AM »
I just bought a MiO water enhancer-Strawberry watermelon. I like plain water on most days, but some days I just need a little something else. I am recommitting myself to the FTS lifestyle and want to be sure that this delicious water enhancer is as good as it seems. The flavor boost it provides is fabulous! but I am concerned about the sweetness it provides. Can anyone shed some factual light on this product?

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MiO water enhancer-is it for real?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »
this is from the website......

Is MiO safe for diabetics to drink?

People with diabetes should always consult their physician, Registered Dietitian, or Certified Diabetes Educator to evaluate how certain foods can fit into their meal plan. MiO can be an excellent beverage option for people living with diabetes because all flavors contain 0g of carbohydrate per serving and are considered a free exchange.......

So what I think they are sayin is ask Doug lol
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »
Hi Barbara  It's my understanding that they are ok.  Just the same as if you used crystal lite or the like.   ;)  The difference here is that it is sweetened with liquid sucralose (liquid form of splenda) the same stuff in the zero sweetener.  Here is a earlier post where we had a discussion about it : http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3208.0   I hope this helps  :)

PS:  BigTex is right..... I don't ever seem to get a spike in my sugar when I use it  ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 03:00:57 PM »
I use it occasionally and like it.  I haven't noticed any stalls and I avoid other artificial sweeteners lately.

BarbaraBuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »
So liquid splenda is ok? I saw a post that it has hidden carbs.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
I think the powdered Splenda has hidden carbs - it's in the stuff that they use to make it powdery. liquid splenda should be ok. I'm using Fat to Skinny ZERO and loving it!

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 05:40:21 PM »
Sarah is right Barbara the powdered splenda that you buy in the stores in the yellow packet as well as the bulk package is mixed with maltodextrin and/or dextrose to bulk it up so that it is more like table sugar.  That is what adds the carbs to it  ;)   The liquid splenda has none of that.

BigTex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »
Sarah is right Barbara the powdered splenda that you buy in the stores in the yellow packet as well as the bulk package is mixed with maltodextrin and/or dextrose to bulk it up so that it is more like table sugar.  That is what adds the carbs to it  ;)   The [URL=http://www.zerosweetner.com/]liquid splenda[/URL] has none of that.

Where can I find liquid splenda??
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »
My advice, BigTex, is to get some zero. You'll love it! Same ingredient as liquid splenda.

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 08:15:27 PM »
Where can I find liquid splenda??

Hi BigTex   There are several brands out there on the market but the Fat To Skinnny ZERO Sweetener  right over there   ;D ------>
is easy for us to get to.  I call it liquid splenda but it is simply concentrated liquid sucralose.  Splenda the product name brand is just familiar to everyone.  LOL 

If you do a search on the home page for liquid splenda you will find all the posts that we have had and I believe there are links to some others  ;)

BigTex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »
Where can I find [URL=http://www.zerosweetner.com/]liquid splenda[/URL]??

Hi BigTex   There are several brands out there on the market but the Fat To Skinnny ZERO Sweetener  right over there   ;D ------>
is easy for us to get to.  I call it [URL=http://www.zerosweetner.com/]liquid splenda[/URL] but it is simply concentrated liquid sucralose.  Splenda the product name brand is just familiar to everyone.  LOL 

If you do a search on the home page for [URL=http://www.zerosweetner.com/]liquid splenda[/URL] you will find all the posts that we have had and I believe there are links to some others  ;)

Thank you TooSweet I am going to order some "FTS Zero" as soon as I can......
Will ---

Shoelace

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
I use the orange tangerine Mio.  I add it to water until it tastes like orange juice.  I love the stuff.