Author Topic: Checking in!  (Read 6182 times)

AliciaInTX

Checking in!
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:33:14 PM »
Hey all!
Thank you SO much for the wonderful support and for sharing this wonderful new way of eating! So far, I'm down 25lbs and steadily losing again. Yay! My husband and I took a trip to Bavaria and I ended up gaining 7 or 8 lbs of what I guess was water weight because it was gone again within a week of hopping back on the FTS bandwagon. :) I've found what works best for me (while actively losing) is to do a moderate exercise (walking to the park and back, or around the block with the dog) once a day, eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch (bfast is a OMM cooked pancake style with sugar free syrup and a strip of bacon and lunch is two eggs in a lo-carb tortilla) and then a small portion of whatever meat and veggie I'm making for dinner, if the veggie is green....otherwise, I'll give myself a small portion of salad. Dessert before bed is always a sugar free jello with a tablespoon or two of shredded cheese, tablespoon of unsweetened coconut and some whipping cream hand-whipped with a little xylitol. I am satisfied, I'm not ignoring my sweet tooth and I'm losing weight! I'm also drinking lots of water, a couple cups of coffee a day and a diet soda about once or twice a week for an afternoon "boost" if I feel like I need it.  I LOVE the FTS desserts but have found that I stall when I indulge in them, so for now I'm happy with my jello and know that when I hit my goal weight, all those yummy beanit butter cookies will again be in the cards!  ;D

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and support here on the forum. Though I'm not here every day, it's just nice to know that there's a bunch of you out there doing the same thing and helping each other (and me) along. I'll be back a lot more often when I hit my goal and am ready to open up my menu a bit!

Thanks, guys!

shawn116

Re: Checking in!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »
Hi Alicia!!  Wow what a trip!!  Congrats on the 25 lbs girl!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »
Congrats on the 25 pounds! Hot chick dance!
Bavaria???? Splain Lucy? :D

AliciaInTX

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:34:01 PM »
Explain? :) Well....let's see. In 2003, we adopted our son, Nate, from South Korea and met his awesome foster family. We promised them that we'd bring him back one day to see them. We started saving for a trip back not long after that and we finally took our trip last fall and had an AMAZING time. Anyway, my hubby surprised me on Christmas morning by telling me that we hadn't used everything we'd saved up and that we had enough left for the two of us to take a trip to Bavaria!!! This was huge. We have three kids, oldest is 20, youngest is 9, and we've never done anything like this by ourselves. It was SO relaxing! Since our granddaughter was born, a year ago last November, we've cared for her while our daughter went to school and worked, so we've been very busy and have had a lot of other stressful stuff going on....so this trip came just in time! It was so awesome not having to worry about entertaining kids or shuttling them around for a week and a half! HEAVENLY!

Anyway....needless to say, in Bavaria you drink beer and you eat pretzels. A lot. So, I let myself enjoy it, knowing that with FTS, I could take off whatever I gained in short order. :)

Thanks for the congrats! I'm FEELING great and am having to buy new clothes (poor me!)...so I must be doing something right! ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 08:23:04 AM »
Welcome back and congratulations on your new lifestyle.

Your trip sounds heavenly.  It's amazing how a change of scenery can recharge our spirits but I'm always happy to get home, too.

Come visit us when you can. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:35 AM »
What fun! I agree with Andrea,there is no place like home.Vacations are fun though.Hows froglver doing? :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
That's wonderful, Alicia!!! :)
A 25 pound loss is a BIG accomplishment!

KUDOS!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BTW... I love beer and so I must be careful with it.
If I were in Bavaria, it would a MAJOR challenge for me. ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »
I have one miller lite a day while I watch Judge Judy with the pups :)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 04:19:13 AM »
Hi Alicia in Texas -- good for you on the 25 pounds, and it sounds like you have a good plan.  That trip to Bavaria sounds wonderful.  I'm an adoptive mom also, and he's Korean also, but American-born.  Adoption is a wonderful thing.  He's almost 22 now, and in college, but I wouldn't trade a minute for it -- even the hard times. 

I have a question .....what is an OMM pancake? 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 08:21:06 AM »
Good for you Alicia! Stay in touch  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 08:32:55 AM »
Elizabeth its the One minute muffin .You cook it in the microwave.The recipe is here just type it in search bar.If you need help please ask. ;)

AliciaInTX

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 01:38:34 AM »
I do the OMM pancake this way:

melt 1 Tblspn Smart Balance Light in microwave

Add:
1/4 c. ground flax seeds
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. egg beaters (or 1 egg)
dash or two of cinnamon
splash of vanilla

Stir well, then allow to sit while you heat a Tblspn or two of canola oil in a skillet. When hot, pour your batter into the pan and allow it to cook. I like it to be a little crispy on the edges before flipping. It only takes a couple of minutes to cook, then you can plop it onto your plate and add drizzle with sugar free syrup! It's AWESOMEPANTS!!!

Elizabeth, so nice to meet you! We've had an amazing experience with the adoption of our son and the support of the adoption community. It's so nice to know other families that have been through similar experiences and who have children with the same challenges. It's been great! Nate is the most awesome kid ever. Here's a photo of him (and our sweet grandbaby) that I took at his soccer game today. :)

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 01:57:39 AM »
That sounds really good Alicia I'm gonna have to try it sometime. you have a beautiful Grand Baby ;D and good luck to Nate on his soccer, how did they do?? My babygirl had her first softball game today and they did well won 11-2 We were very proud of them.....
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 05:51:24 AM »
Alicia -- the picture is precious.  Well alicia, we have lots of reasons to be healthy.  We're very blessed with reasons.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 08:50:52 AM »
What a kind child ;) Grandbaby is beautiful!
Congrats Big Texs daughter on win at softball! :)