Author Topic: ebook question  (Read 8023 times)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
ebook question
« on: April 22, 2012, 05:43:46 AM »
Hi, I was talking to my sis today about low carb -- she was very successful years ago on LC, and I was telling her about FTS.  She wants to get the ebook.  She has the Kindle fire.....so will the ebook download onto her kindle fire? or should she download to her computer and then transfer it to the kindle fire.

Thanks.  She is starting Monday, when she is back home. 

shawn116

Re: ebook question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:25:41 AM »
Hi Elizabeth    I don't think Amazon has the book in Ebook format yet but she can send it to her Kendle Fire from her computer.  The same with the cookbooks and product guides.  I have one and love to take it with me when I'm shopping.....I always have access to my recipes  ;) ;)  Hope this helps

Good luck to you and your sister on your FTS journey  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:25:52 AM »
All the FTS ebooks are in PDF format, the Fire will read PDF but it needs to be transferred from the computer to the fire.   8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »
Thank you. I'll pass the word to her.

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 08:18:06 PM »
All the FTS ebooks are in PDF format, the Fire will read PDF but it needs to be transferred from the computer to the fire.   8)

Will Nook read the PDF format? I just bought the counter and the updated FTS book.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »
Yes! Just connect your Nook to your computer and you can transfer the files over. Take FTS with you everywhere!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 07:21:39 AM »
Yes! Just connect your Nook to your computer and you can transfer the files over. Take FTS with you everywhere!

Thanks Sarah!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 09:29:27 AM »
I have a nook(thought I would hate it cause I am a book girl but I LOVE IT!) and I use it everyday.I love it in the kitchen cause it can't get damaged and it holds all my cookbooks!I take it in my purse too so I get more reading time while running errands.Its great at the grocery store too if you decide to make something and you need the recipe. :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 10:16:28 AM »
I've been fighting the urge to purchase an ebook because I mostly listen to books on my IPod.  It took me a while to get used to listening but it frees up my hands to quilt, knit or weave baskets.  Reading and crafting at the same time is heaven on earth to me.  (Oh, yeah, you can exercise and read at the same time, too.)  Now I need to get one for my FTS books. 

I still don't want to text, though.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 09:23:41 AM »
I just love my nook when I am out and about and  waiting at the doctors ,grocery lines or in the car..I have a short attention span and I can read,surf the net,do my email or play games.I take it instead of my computer when I fly.I like the music too.I still use my ipod when I am doing other things with my hands.I fought doug getting one,I thought they were silly,and I love my books,but it was the best gift he could have bought me.Now I just need to list my books on ebay so I can buy the ebooks for my nook! :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 10:03:59 AM »
I have several books on my iPod and like to listen to them either while driving or when I'm in bed and can't get to sleep. But not both activities at the same time - driving and sleeping - that's not a good idea.

Actually, i think the nook has the same capability for audio books as the iPod. I love watching movies on it. It will be my travel companion, too, for short trips. Delightful little gadget!

The nook has a mini SD card and I put my FTS books on the card and then put the card in my nook - the nook's onboard user memory is pretty small, but the SD card has tons of space for personal material.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:07:56 AM by SarahC »

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 05:07:30 PM »
I just repurchased it via Nook so I have their official eBook version.  I needed it in my library anyway.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 09:25:53 AM »
Sarah I use to drive with headphones cause I didn't have a stereo in the car till my husband found out and installed a stereo.(thanks honey)Come to find out its illegal to drive with headphones where I live :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 11:12:17 AM »
Your husband is a keeper, Umpa! You should rent him out. Make you some serious moolah.

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 04:05:17 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? :o ??? ??? ???
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)