Author Topic: If your not counting calories...  (Read 6480 times)

charlieo

• View Profile
If your not counting calories...
« on: June 03, 2010, 09:02:03 PM »
If your not counting calories...

How much food is enough?

I understand the 20 grams of Carb's per day...

But if you are extremely active/working out...

One hour strength training and One Hour Cardio ...

Do you just increase the 20 grams so you don't drop due to lack of Carbs...

Or do you just add additional protein to your day to make up the difference?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: If your not counting calories...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 09:33:54 AM »
I work out.I run on a treadmill and do strength training 4 times a week. It is a myth that you need carbs for energy.You need a good healthy diet.as the weight comes off your energy level will go through the roof.If not, if you are carb loading before you hit the gym you are not burning fat,you are burning the carbs you ate to give you energy.You are wasting your time.Protein should be increased.Protien builds muscle.Muscle burns more calories.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
not to mention,if you are here,well you probably have plenty of stored carbs already in your body that are just looking to be released!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 07:39:08 PM »
not to mention,if you are here,well you probably have plenty of stored carbs already in your body that are just looking to be released!

I know this is an old thread, but I found it when I did a search on "calories" and I want to chime in here.

As quoted above, THAT is what I need to remember when I do this. I'm always thinking "oh, I"m STARVING MYSELF!"  It's that dumb diet mentality that I've had for so long that's messed my head up. How about I let my body burn it's own fat for fuel and feed it what it needs? This is a new idea for me.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 08:33:24 AM »
Waterlilly, you are definitely on the right track.  It's hard to wrap your head around a totally different view of food from what you have and will continue to be bombarded with.

What are you getting your Master's in?

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »
Waterlilly, you are definitely on the right track.  It's hard to wrap your head around a totally different view of food from what you have and will continue to be bombarded with.

What are you getting your Master's in?

Instructional design and technology! I"m moving down a new career path and I'm getting ready to go on the job market.  ;D If only I had thought about low carb earlier. It would be great to be on the market and a size 6 but I'm just not there yet.

I have a question about the idea of calories. Let's say at one point, I'm only hungry enough to eat, say 1000 calories. I know my BMI is about 1500 calories, plus any exercise I might do. Given that my bodyfat right now is about 38%  :-[ does this mean that I will pull from my fat stores to make up the difference? Would my body freak out and think its starving?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 08:29:27 AM »
Don't overthink it.Just stay at 20 carbs or less and the rest is science ;)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »
Don't overthink it.Just stay at 20 carbs or less and the rest is science ;)

Thanks Umpa. I'm also in the process of "deprogramming" from years of numbers advice related to BMI's, calories burned during exercise, BMR's and such. And I really HATE math so it will be a GREAT GIFT to only have to worry about numbers 1-20!!!!  :D

I promise I won't overthink. I will just trust the process and go forward. Do I hear angels singing???

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
Your hand in mine Waterlily,we will get you through this. ;) Then you just have to help others. We are making a lighter planet one person at a time :D

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 05:08:36 PM »
Your hand in mine Waterlily,we will get you through this. ;) Then you just have to help others. We are making a lighter planet one person at a time :D

;D

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 07:36:26 PM »
................. We are making a lighter planet one person at a time :D

I love this Umpa  :o :o ;D ;D ;) ;)
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
 :)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 04:56:06 AM »
Umpa said:  "Your hand in mine Waterlily,we will get you through this.  Then you just have to help others. We are making a lighter planet one person at a time ."

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is so sweet.  

But you are so right -- we just have to drop the diet mentality and just SIMPLY follow FTS.  FTS is basic, simple, and we don't have to make it more difficult.  

I started looking at a thread somewhere that had high carb days, low carb days, basic days, deplete days, regular days, irregular days.....and while I was trying to think how I would figure out all that it occured to me that of course my sugar addicted body and brain was thinking "HIGH carb days????  OHHHHH BOY!!!!!!"  

But then reflection brought back that I know the simplicity of FTS WOE is what I need, clean, pure, simple, truthful, trustworthy.  

That's the plan......Sugar is the problem.......FTS is the solution.  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:00:18 AM by Elizabeth779 »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 09:00:07 AM »
I am way too busy! I am a keep it simple kinda girl  ;)