Author Topic: MIA but back now!  (Read 6640 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MIA but back now!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »
Elizabeth you are down 24 pounds thats great!! love your hot chick pic! :)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 01:57:46 PM »
Mouse refers to the "carb wilderness". It gives me a chuckle  The important thing about the "carb wilderness" is not to wander around for 40 years and stay away from any golden calves. ;-/

Oy vey I need coffee.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 09:19:35 AM »
 :D :D :D :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »
Mouse refers to the "carb wilderness". It gives me a chuckle  The important thing about the "carb wilderness" is not to wander around for 40 years and stay away from any golden calves. ;-/

Oy vey I need coffee.

I know I wondered around for more than 40 years.
Can't say that I got near any golden calves though. :D :D :D
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 10:29:12 AM »
 :D :D :D

AliciaInTX

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 10:23:02 PM »
I've started walking every day. It never fails...on the mornings after a day when I've walked at least 30 minutes (usually with a grandbaby strapped to my back), I'm 1/2 - 1 lb. down. When I was talking to my doctor the other day, he made the point that we are just too sedentary these days and if HAD to walk places, as we used to when most families didn't have 2 cars, there would be far less incidence of obesity. I determined then and there that I would (briskly) walk once a day instead of driving. So...I'll sometimes walk to my son's elementary school to pick him up and will carry his scooter along with me so he can scooter home while I walk and today we walked to the community pool (he scootered) and back when we went swimming. As I did so, it reminded me of the summers when my mom and I would walk to the public pool in our neighboorhood that was several blocks away. I always enjoyed it and the excitement you'd get when you rounded that last curb and there was the pool! I'm excited to make this a regular thing. And boy, did that pool water feel great after walking in the 86' weather!

AliciaInTX

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 10:29:47 PM »
Congrats on your return to FTS, Barbara! The weight loss is great, but how I feel is definitely why I'm able to stick with it. I don't want to feel cranky, tired and lethargic! I missed out on A LOT because of how I was eating and now that I know what works, I'm happy as a clam to stick to it! Glad you're back, too. :)

(PS - the above post was actually a reply to the "What do you do for exercise" post. Not sure why it showed up here!  :-[

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »
I agree with your doctor Alicia.i ride my bicycle to the grocery store.It really makes me feel good and is good for my wallet ;)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »
.sometimes that stupid little voice creeps in that says "do something easier" or "go on a 'diet'".....I hear myself wanting to do things like that, but it's all temptation away from what I know works.  I fight against wanting to "eat what I want and just count calories," but a lifetime of dieting hasn't given me success and being low carb the FTS way is the only thing that keeps me from craving all the carbs in the world. 

drown out the voice saying "just go on a diet -- it's easy."

Isn't that crazy? We're always being told to "watch calories" or "burn off 1000 calories with the newest weight loss program!" It's like we're freakin' programmed to think like this. "Yes, must...burn...calories......" <shakes head like a robot>  I'm having a tough time moving away from this calorie burning propaganda. It's everywhere, man.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:16 AM »
It is everywhere but here.  We get it.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 09:07:54 AM »
It doesn't work :)  :) Thats  why there are so many obese people.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 10:09:31 AM »
I've noticed that people who exercise a lot start gaining weight within a week of stopping the exercise. So if it's not working out and not eating too much, it must be the type of food one eats that makes fat. I'm so grateful to Doug and Umpa for straightening me out on eating carbs and giving me alternatives. Thanks, kids! I'm still getting flak from my friends about consuming fats. My own first reaction is 'don't eat the fat!' and I have to remind myself that it's carbs, not fats that make me fat.

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 07:33:11 AM »
It doesn't work :)  :) Thats  why there are so many obese people.

Absolutely! I've had intense bouts of exercise for weight loss in my life. It's a slippery slope once you stop and the problems with high carbs compound quickly.