Author Topic: Cream Cheese Pancakes  (Read 45827 times)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cream Cheese Pancakes
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »
This post reminds me of Sarah.  Did she give up on us?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »
I sent her a message but never heard back.  :(

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »
New to low-carb, and new to this forum.  This is the first recipe I am trying.  Will let you know how it goes.  My biggest challenge has been getting the rest of the family to buy in.  Now I am cooking separate meals for me and them.

shawn116

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 08:36:05 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family mdanziger!!   :)  These pancakes are really good but I also love the pancakes made out of flax using the one minute muffin recipe. 

I know the challenge you have all to well.  We eat differently in my house too.  Only because I am the cook, for the most part it is FTS friendly  ;D ;D  I figure if I don't buy it or cook it.....it isn't going on the table  haha   The hubs gets his carby stuff when we eat out or I might throw a carby side on his plate occasionally.  If you look around there is pretty much a replacement for everything though.  One thing I have noticed is if you don't tell them it is FTS friendly most of the time they wont know  ;)   Somehow most folks will decide they wont like something before even tasting it.....silly I know   :-\

If you have any questions by all means please ask... we are a big family and are all here to help each other.  Don't forget to check out the recipe section...lots of good stuff in there.  Again welcome, come back and post often  :) 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:40 AM »
welcome mdanziger! i agree with toosweet :) Just put the food on the table.There is no such thing as diet food here its a lifestyle change.And the food is amazing! I am Umpa,Dougs wife. I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert any recipe to fat to skinny friendly. You are gonna do great and we are gonna help you ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, mdanziger!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

When I first started FTS, I started cooking two different ways. One for me and one for my wife.
It was challenging.
Especially since there were high carb things in the pantry and frig for my wife that were tempting.

So one day I decided to cook only FTS-style.
My wife quickly came to LOVE it! ;D
We then cleared the house of those high carb items.

If I did it, you can do this too! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Cream Cheese Pancakes
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »
Hi friends : ) I made these last night and I didn't care too much for them . I plan on trying the omm kind : )

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
First, thanks for the very warm welcome.  One of the things I have found lacking with other weight loss programs I have tried has been the support.  This community certainly seems to offer lots of it.  I tried the cream cheese pancakes this morning.  I put a little cottage cheese on top and rolled them like a crepe.  Yum...

I can't wait to try the OMM pancakes, and so many more recipes.

shawn116

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »
Hi friends : ) I made these last night and I didn't care too much for them . I plan on trying the omm kind : )

Stephanie when you do the OMM  if you like the taste of french toast....Just give this a try.  This one is my favorite  :)

1 Tbs butter melted
1 egg
1/4 cup golden flax meal  (you can use regular flax meal but I think golden is way better  :) )
2 Tbs heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 drops FAT TO SKINNY ZERO sweetener or 1 Tbs Xylitol

Mix it all up and spread out (it will be a tad thick) on a hot griddle or put in a waffle iron.... with butter on top and warm sugar free syrup and bacon on the side  Yumm!

Oh...... I know what I'm having for breakfast in the morning   ;D ;D ;D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2012, 10:55:29 PM »
I've had great success making the cream cheese pancakes and really like them topped with berries. Next I plan on making them without the sweetener and filling them with a creamed seafood and spinach mix. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2012, 06:34:48 AM »
Thanks toosweet I love French toast I will try that!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2012, 09:58:25 AM »
Stef they should taste like crepes. The require a hot pan to cook correctly ;)  Sarah that would be awesome!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2012, 11:47:06 AM »
I have never had crepes so I didn't know what to expect but in any case they weren't for me, no biggie lol I will move on to the next recipe : )

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »
Welcome, mdanziger and good to hear from you, Sarah.

I like these pancakes but they require PATIENCE and that's not a word I associate with food.  You need to let the tiny bubbles escape from the batter after you blend it and you need to have the griddle HOT.

I don't tell people something is low carb unless it has sugar alcohols in it.  That's much less of an issue since Doug and Umpa made FTS Zero an issue but I don't think it's a good thing to feed xylitol to an unsuspecting crowd.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
Unless its for sport :D :D or sassy children!