Author Topic: Ideal Weight?  (Read 11496 times)

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: Ideal Weight?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »
My ideal weight is where I felt comfortable as a young adult. Not my thinnest but a nice shape. At my advancing age (60) I'll be happy to get somewhere close. Anywwhere healthy is fine by me!

shawn116

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
Just don't let anybody tell you what you should weigh,doctors give opinions,you are smart enough to decide for yourself

Amen Umpa!!  I think if I were to go down to the weight that the charts say for women I would look so gaunt and sickly.  I have set my goal weight at where I know I feel the best for me  Here is a chart that looks like the chart my doc showed me. http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm#frame      At least now they are showing a difference between small/med/large frames.  I'm still going to be about 5 to 10 lbs over my so called "ideal weight" LOL    Also remember if you are building muscle that you normally don't have or haven't in a long time..... it weighs more than fat  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
I loved Jack Lalane!  He lived a long time :)
I agree TooSweet. I think everyone should decide for themselves.Women put so much unnecessary pressure on themselves to be what society tells them to be.I say be  a rebel and be what you want! Life is too short to live it for other people ;)

shawn116

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 09:59:22 AM »
I remember seeing a post on facebook a while back that showed two pictures of a girl at the same weight but very visibly different size....I wish I could find it to share  :-\    I think this is why a scale is a evil tool that just sets us up for disappointment.  How you think you look and feel is way more important than a number any day   ;) 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 10:03:01 AM »
Love your ticker TooSweet ;) Just remember,hungry girls are cranky girls! Most men just want their wives to be happy! ;)

shawn116

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 10:05:03 AM »
LOL  Sooo true  ;D    The hubs hates me to be cranky  ;) ;)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »
Great Topic!  I am actually in the "normal" range for my BMI and my weight is on the top end of the "charts".  I think the best thing to do is set your goal on the high end of the normal/healthy range and then re-evaluate it once you get there.  Go with how you feel in your body.  For me ~ I still feel a bit weighed down so I want to lose another 10-15 pounds BUT if I lose 5 and feel great I will stop there  :) For me, it has everything to do with how I feel and how I look in my clothes.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »
When my weight comes off I'm going to strut around with my blouses TUCKED IN!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 10:41:07 AM »
Are you going to wear a belt?

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »
Yes! A BELT! Great idea! Big buckle!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
... The truth is I find most woman stress way to much on size and the scale, look in the mirror ladies, pull up pictures of beautiful models and sex symbols from the 50's and don't allow the media or the manufactures to sway you into thinking that you should have the body of a 12 year old.  ;)

Great advice Doug! ;D

Ever since Twiggy came on the scene years ago, women have seemed to want to get skinnier and skinnier.

Too skinny can be as dangerous to one's health as being too FAT.
If I reached my so-called "ideal" weight, I'd look gaunt and sickly.
The emphasis MUST be health!

As no two of us are alike, we each have our own healthy ideal weight.
You'll know it when you find it (or overshoot it). ;)
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »
Loving this topic too!  For months I have considered changing my goal weight.  I think you ALL know I am big ole gal.  I am 5' 10" and my starting weight was 376.  I set my goal at 176 which would be a nice "round" 200 pounds to lose.  :D   When I got married 26 years ago I weighed 228 and wore a size 18/20.   What's weird is that right now I am still at a whopping 264 pounds, but already able to wear 18/20's again.  ?   I know things have "moved around" since I was 22 years old; however, I believe that if I could just get anywhere near 200-220 pounds I would be happy.    I seriously carry MOST of my weight now in my thighs.  I can put on a pair of black wide legged pants.....and look semi-normal.  ha ha   So....I am definitely re-thinking the goal weight.  So.....if y'all see my ticker change....this is why.    ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »
You do what's right for you, Jan! :)

One thing to remember... A goal is something we shoot for.
If we find that the goal is unrealistic, or otherwise not "right" for us, we can (and should) change it.

Only you know what's honestly right for you! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »

Great advice Doug! ;D

Ever since Twiggy came on the scene years ago, women have seemed to want to get skinnier and skinnier.

Too skinny can be as dangerous to one's health as being too FAT.
If I reached my so-called "ideal" weight, I'd look gaunt and sickly.
The emphasis MUST be health!

As no two of us are alike, we each have our own healthy ideal weight.
You'll know it when you find it (or overshoot it). ;)

I too Tony when I met my ex wife i weighed 183 which is 1 pound less than the top side of the chart mentioned above. I looked sick and unhealthy!!! Though now my goal is around the 225 mark ;) seems Jan and I have the same idea ;) but I'm still hoovering around the 300 mark :( 
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
Sarah ~ I think you should strut around stark naked for at least a couple of days once you reach your goal  ;D ;D ;D