Author Topic: High Blood Pressure  (Read 1616 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
High Blood Pressure
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:14:12 PM »
I have suffered from high blood pressure for years (it runs in the family fat or skinny) and have been taking meds for approx half my life.  The past few years even with medication it has run at the higher range and sometimes a bit over of normal.  I randomly check it at home just to keep tabs.  Last night when I checked I couldn't believe the results, they were on the lower range (normal).  I hadn't had  readings like those ever.  I haven't lost any significant weight that would account for the change.  The only difference has been the FTS way of eating.  I don't have blood sugar or cholesterol problems (at this stage and hope not to).  I will be checking the BP more often to see if this was a fluke or is going to be consistent.  I'm hoping of course for the 'consistent'.  Has anyone else found that their Bp has  dropped without significant weight change?

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: High Blood Pressure
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »
How cool! I hope it's consistent!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 11:04:38 PM »
That is great news Morgan!!   ;D  I bet it is going to be consistent  ;)  It didn't take long for me to be able to come off of my blood pressure med with the FTS lifestyle.....do be careful if you are still taking one and talk with your doc about it  ::)  You may find soon that you don't need one as well and may feel dizzy or light headed if your pressure dips lower than it should.   It's good you keep a check on it at home  ;)   Don't you love it that not only can you feel yourself getting healthier but can see evidence of it too  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:54:04 PM »
Hi Morgan! :)

If you are consistent with FTS, your lower BP should also be consistent!

I've often wondered if sugar in some "skinny" peoples diets causes high BP.
Sugar (carbs) is toxic.
Elevated BP may be a symptom of the body's response to it.

My BP has been in the low normal range (about 110 / 72) for quite some time now.
When I started FTS, it was about 150 / 100.
What you do today is what matters!