Author Topic: I'm stuck!  (Read 6710 times)

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
I'm stuck!
« on: June 01, 2010, 09:57:05 PM »
  I am following everything to the "T" Have had a couple extra diet sodas but nuthing out of the ordinary. I am not near my goal. I have not lost any thing in about a week ok maybe a little longer >:( Mr. Frustrated...
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

beebs

• View Profile
Re: I'm stuck!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:58:56 AM »
We have all hit a plateau at some point or another maybe you should keep a food journal for a few days .......

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 07:19:12 AM »
hi phil, I`m just getting ready to appear on the 700 club this morning but I did`nt want you frustrated this morning. This is probally just an adjustment period. Review the weight loss stalled board for tips. Hang in ther and stay the course. this is not a race :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:31:06 AM »
Thanks, Im going to log all my food for the rest of the week.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »
Phil:) i feel your pain...after 5 stellar weeks of weight loss,the last 2 weeks haven't given the same results,but i attribute that to less physical activity,which is my own fault.... i suggest we both add more activity,also i find myself getting a little "cocky"(maybe i should of posted this in the bears den?) with the program,pretend you're just starting, at the beginning,and do what you did then,see if you get better results:) just an idea!!!!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »
Pork Rinds are the new bread!!

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 11:02:28 AM »
 ;D...yes i need to get back to that!

snobles

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 01:38:06 PM »
I hear ya Phil! Been the same weight for a while now! I've been following the diet as well. Guess I need to excersize, to get over this plateau? I have lost about 11lbs ;DWhich is a Major accomplishment for me!! Then it all stopped! So, I'm guessing, excersize for me? Couldn't hurt??

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 07:13:43 PM »
Doug, Gary, beebs, snobles yea I hear y'all thanks for the pep talk. I know about exercise sounds like way to much effort  :P Just kidding. I have real crappy hours and at least a couple of other good excuses to get out of working out. But lack of exercise is my main key making my weight loss drag. This plateau is frustrating but I will get over it! Soon as the weight starts dropping off again. Yesterday was rough and i made the mistake of getting on the stupid scale. My shirts and pants are getting looser I'm going to go by that from now on.

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »
 ;D... exercise would be the ideal activity...but i really just meant be more active...to burn carbs,like for instance today i grabbed a bucket & hose and washed the car by hand,them dragged the vacuum cleaner out and did the interior....was that exercise ??? no....but dude i sweat ed my a#% off doing it and i gotta think i burned a boatload of carbs in the process & hey i even got a sparkling clean vehicle out of the deal!!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 08:43:50 AM »
Gary's correct Phil, like you I hate exercise but I try to stay active. Of course running from gate to gate at airports could probally fall into the exercise category :) But all kidding aside you can imagine the amount of hours per day I sit pecking away at the laptop. Building a "sedentary lifestyle" program was a requirement for me because of my disdain for exercise and the reality of today's life styles....but..... it is important to stay as active as you can for the good health of your muscles, joints, cardio vascular system, lungs and attitude. As a bonus you get to drive around in a shiny car :) If you can come up with something easy and fun to add into your routine it's always a good thing. Here are some of the things I do;

A- I "curl" everything I carry, in other words I do curls with my laptop case as I walk down the airport, curls with the plastic grocery bags between the truck and the kitchen, I even do curls with the puppies :) Put a couple of 20 pound dumbells next to your easy chair and curl when you watch TV. It's become a habit and I'm sure I look funny to the onlooker. This "exercise" may seem like a very small thing and in the big scheme of things it is....but.... like sugar small things add up.

B- I choose the stairs over the elevator and choose the walk over the moving side walks. Again, the body is "exercising" without exercise.

C- Rake the yard, vacuum the house, mop the floors....."wax on-wax off" remember Mr Miyagi in Karate kid :) All this stuff keeps you moving!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 09:08:03 AM »
lol.... my wife and kids get pissed because i ALWAYS park as far away from the door, as possible, when we go to to the store,out to eat,etc!!! i always jump out of the car and say "a little exercise never hurts" they just sigh ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:15:38 AM by katary »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 09:19:38 AM »
i do that too Katary!Only because nobody else does and I don't have to worry about car doors dinging my car!

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »
Is that your Mustang?
She is beautiful!

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
Ok Doug I get it ;D I worked out last night and am going to keep up my pace.

Gary that's funny. I do the same thing always catch a lot of gruff over parking far away.

Umpa I have a convertable mustang. Mine is very manly though. Especially when I'm driving ::) Mine is margarita green. Hides in the garage most of the time.