Author Topic: Reading past posts helps a lot!  (Read 1572 times)

catznflwrz

• View Profile
Reading past posts helps a lot!
« on: May 23, 2012, 01:25:27 PM »
Hello FTS family, I'm writing this because I just experienced a "Eureka" moment when I read something that I already know, but it had been put another way. Also, I found this info by just  perusing the web site and reading over many, many posts, new and old, in the "general discussion", "ask a question" and "posting meal plans". As any one who reads the web site often knows, I,  have had a major struggle getting the FTS plan to work for me. BUT through the help of the FTS family I keep tweaking and keep finding more and more things that I either have to start doing, stop doing, add (like more water) or change in some way from what I originally understood about FTS. In reading old posts what I finally understood was that our bodies will burn sugar alcohol's before they will burn any fat. That is the same info as  "eliminate all sugar alcohols from your diet". THE BIG DEAL though is that hearing the info the second way hit me in a much more effective way, as it will empower me to deal with sugar cravings better than just the simple direction of "eliminating sugar alcohols". For me to "get it" to know that if I eat the sugar substitute "treats" is giving my body fuel to feed on, instead of my body fat is HUGE. Because, I am inclined, in a weak moment, to have the treat, but hearing it differently as to the "why" of it makes such a difference for me. So, in the search to get your FTS plan to "work" for you, I highly recommend taking time, especially if your feeling down about your weight loss results, and read new and old posts, because you might find a "gem" that will help you in 1 or more ways. I'm waiting to announce that first weight loss breakthrough, but I am convinced it will come. catznflwz

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Reading past posts helps a lot!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »
Thanks for sharing this, catz.  What's great about this forum is that you'll see that same problem in the future when someone else is asking for advice.  You'll be able to jump in and clarify why sugar alcohols are a problem while others will have other issues they automatically zero in on.

Keep up the good work.  It's great that you are committed to working out the kinks!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Reading past posts helps a lot!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
Hi Catz! :)

Achieving revelations into the truth is a wonderful thing! ;D
Thank you for sharing yours.

Doug makes it very clear in both his books that sugar alcohols should be the FIRST thing to go when stalled out.
If that fails, then delve deeper into one's menu from there.

As no two of us are alike, we each respond a bit differently to what we eat.
Some folks can eat SAs without any ill effect.
While others will run right into a wall against their progress.

A big part of the FTS lifestyle is learning exactly how our bodies respond to what we eat.
Now that you know how SAs effect you... You know what to do! 8)

As you proceed along your FTS journey, more revelations await you! :)
What you do today is what matters!