Author Topic: Children and Donuts  (Read 1540 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Children and Donuts
« on: May 15, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »
I was stranded away from home for a couple of days and eating breakfast out seemed like a good idea.  I went to the local food hall in the shopping mall and had a souvlaki salad (lamb chicken lettuce  cucumber tomato), not something I would have normally have for breakfast but really did not want bacon and eggs that had been sitting for a while.  Beside the point.  Whilst eating I people watched and was amazed and somewhat horrified at the amount of small children (under 5) that were sitting eating iced donuts (from donut king) and having bubbacinos ( cappacinos for children).  Mothers encouraging these children to finish it all up.  All one little boy wanted to do was run around and play but he was called back to finish.  I'm hoping that this was all a treat for them and not a daily event because it seems like early training for bad habits.  The next day I was in a different mall waiting for a friend and watched lots of children walking with parents with cups full of cinnamon-sugared 'donut holes' (little balls).  I've never really paid much attention but since doing FTS a lot of these things are really standing out to me and I think I am getting concerned about all the sugar laden stuff out there affecting all these young people.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Children and Donuts
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »
...  All one little boy wanted to do was run around and play but he was called back to finish.  I'm hoping that this was all a treat for them and not a daily event because it seems like early training for bad habits. ...

Hi Morgan! :)

FTS gives us an awareness we did not have before.
We can really SEE those things that hurt us and become keenly aware of them.

As we know, eating when not hungry, especially carby junk, is an "express lane" to obesity.

That little boy was obviously NOT hungry.
I wonder how many of us developed insulin resistance problems due to our well-meaning but uninformed parents? :-\
My guess, it's the majority.

I applaud the parents in our FTS family who are raising their children with "carb awareness". :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Children and Donuts
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »
I like to watch the kids at Burger King after they have eaten a plate full of sugar and they are running around like Tasmanian devils!Makes me giggle!You can see it instantly! :D