Author Topic: arnold select sandwich thins 100% whole wheat  (Read 5010 times)

3angels

• View Profile
arnold select sandwich thins 100% whole wheat
« on: June 02, 2010, 02:09:16 PM »
I'm wondering if this is ok to use as I occassionally let the kids have a pc of toast as I dont have a bread maker yet and I'm still trying to find ingredients to make breads.  I must live in an odd area cuz lots of ingredients I need to buy online. 

This is what the bag says and this is per 1 roll (43 g)  which when I give them the toast for brkfst with their scrambled eggs I only give them 1/2 a roll to reduce the carbs n sugars

per 1 roll is per servings:
caloris 100 calories from fat 10
total fat 1 g - 2%
saturated fat 0 g - 0 %
trans fat 0 g.

cholesterol 0 mg - 0%
sodium 230 mg - 10%
total carbs 21g - 7% minus the dietary fiber of 5g - 20% shud equal 16 g of usable carbs ( I read somewhere that the dietary fiber doesnt digest in your system nor be absorbed so it will not cause an insulin release.  also that it slows the absorption of starches and sugars that occur with it so fiber lessens their bad influence)  usuable carbs being the carbs that shud be limited.

sugars 2 g
protein 5 g

the vitamins r:  calcium 4%, thiamin 6%, niacin 8%, iron 6%, riboflavin 2% and folic acid is 4%

the ingredients are in case I'm missing any hidden sugars etc r:

whole wheat flour, water, wheat bran, sugar, wheat gluten, cellulose fiber, yeast, salt, polydextrose, canola and or, soybean oil, preservatives (calcium, propionate, sorbic acid), guar gum, cultured wheat flour, monoglycerides, citric acid, sodium stearoyl, lactylate, sucrolose and soy lecithin

so I guess if there are no hidden carbs or sugars then per serving of what I give them it would be 8 g of usable carbs and 1 g of sugar?

The whole bag is 8 servings which I break down into 16 servings and a rare treat since I think over $2.00 a bag is to pricey to purchase all the time

3angels

• View Profile
Re: arnold select sandwich thins 100% whole wheat
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 02:11:43 PM »
I get these at wal mart and they have a good flavor to them so I'm hoping I'm ok with my sugar and carb counts.

onemizzb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »
I'm looking at Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats which are the brand's equivalent to Arnolds.  19 Total Carbs minus 5 fibers = 14 total usable carbs divided by 4 = 3.5 tsp. sugar per 1 Flat.  If you only ate 1/2 of the serving on the package, it would amount to approx. 1.7 tsp. ( round up to 2) for a 1/2 serving.  That is alot of sugar count if you conside that 5 tsp. is the desirable amount in a day. 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 06:02:05 PM »
Absolutly off limits for you. Are the kids overweight? Get a free sample of GG Brancrisp from the free stuff board and give a piece to the kids or yourself with cream cheese and a sliced strawberry on top or beanut butter. replaces toast great!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
try the Fifty/50 brand fruit spreads. 0 carbs, 4 flavors
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 10:13:04 PM »
thank you for the input definately off the grocery list another reason I'm absolutely grateful for you having this forum