Author Topic: Scared:(  (Read 4505 times)

Dannie2ove

• View Profile
Scared:(
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:09:25 AM »
I have tried many many things to loose weight. My latest failure, Zumba. It worked for a while but I couldn't stay with it. I am 19 years old. When I was pregnant with my daughter (who is ten months old now) I topped at 335lbs. I have not been under 200lbs since I was like 11 or maybe even 10. I am scared to even look at a scale because I don't want to admit to anyone that I even know how much I weigh when they ask. I have not bought this book yet, but I am seriously considering it. I have been reading over this forum the last few days and I can see that this lifestyle has helped a lot of you. I am married, I have one daughter and three step children. I need to be able to go outside and run with my kids. I sit in my house all day, I don't make friends, I honestly don't eat a lot but I can tell, just not eating wont help, it's obviously what you eat. I'm just scared that I'm getting my hopes up and it won't work for me. Does smoking affect it? Is regular exercise involved? I want to be back under 200, is there such a thing as unrealistic goals with this? How quickly does it REALLY work? I have read some reviews about 100+lbs in 6 months, can I really look forward to this if I commit to under 20 carbs a day?

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Scared:(
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:26:28 AM »
First and foremost, welcome to the family Dannie, we do what we can to help and support each other here. I myself have been on this lifestyle for almost 6 months and I can tell you there has been alot of health benefits since I started ;D  I have more energy and have lost quite alot of weight ;D If you stick with it, it will work. Remember if you cheat you only cheat yourself. The great thing about this lifestyle is we have a replacement for just about everything!!! lol except the excess weight we have to lose ;) but then again I dont want to replace it I just want it gone ;) Anyways please ask if you have any questions, comments or concerns ;D ;D
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Dannie2ove

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 12:49:11 AM »
How do you do it and stick with it without the proper ways to cook things? I dont have a slow cooker, I don't know what baiting is...Im a broke country girl, I got a skillet. And again,  I have kids..

BigTex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:05:11 AM »
I have just the basics, its about choices choosing low carb foods to eat and fix. watch some of Dougs videos such as the http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1263.0] [url]http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1263.0[/url] "Country fried pork chops" they are great, I too have kids and am on a limited income. Doug has several books available, from product guides to bakery cookbook :D Dougs wife can take just about any recipe you have and make it low carb, she is amazing ;)
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Dannie2ove

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 01:07:24 AM »
Wow. So then your a real person and this really works. How long have you been with it?

BigTex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 01:14:21 AM »
Wow. So then your a real person and this really works. How long have you been with it?

I started Jan 1st. was my new years resolution I started at almost 360 pounds
look here at this http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3001.msg44256#msg44256
Will ---

Dannie2ove

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 01:17:43 AM »
Wooww, well, here comes Dannie. This girl is officially family:) I'm lookin on ebay and amazon as wee speak.

Can we still have spaghetti?

BigTex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 01:25:10 AM »
Wooww, well, here comes Dannie. This girl is officially family:) I'm lookin on ebay and amazon as wee speak.

There are low carb noodles available or we use the replacements this is where the product guide comes in handy there is a spaghetti recipe available here on the forum from a lady named Kim

also you can earn books with every 50 post to the forum, that has really helped me like i said limited income ;)
Will ---

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 08:32:23 AM »
Take a deep breath Dannie and believe. I remember when a young woman in your same condition came to us stuck in a wheelchair and on heavy pain meds for the weight associated problems. 15 months later she was 230 pounds down, off all the drugs and is now an active realtor in Orlando. Her forum name is Sherripie. We have many many great success stories here but they all begin with one thing...the readers having the "want to" and the strength to commit. Now, I'll answer your question;

"I have read some reviews about 100+lbs in 6 months, can I really look forward to this if I commit to under 20 carbs a day?"

Answer- YES, NO, MAYBE. It will all depend on your own body and how strict you are with carbs and portion control. I will say this to you, Start today and 6 months from now you WILL be substantially lighter and a whole heck of allot more healthy.

Welcome to our family  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 08:50:43 AM »
Dannie2ove Welcome! I am Umpa ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.A good place for you start is in the video section on the homepage.There is a video called Sugar,Sugar,Sugar it will blow you out of the water! You are gonna be shocked when you see how much sugar you and your kids eat! I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. We are also running a contest right now for a free book or sweetener called grillin and chillin.With 50 posts you can also get free books. I am a southern girl too and love a good cast iron skillet. ;)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »
Hey Dannie2ove!! Welcome to the Fat to Skinny family!! I've been eating low carb for about a year and 4 months! I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling Mom of 4 kids ages, 14, 12, 10, & 8!! They are all very aware of what carbs do and they read labels very well! They are very encouraging, as is my wonderful husband, and they love eating FTS with me!! The kids fight over who gets the last of the cauli-mash!!

Anyway, we are ALL real people who are helping and supporting each other! It's amazing how caring and loving these folks are with everyone!!  :D 

There are no stupid questions, so please ask whatever you're worried about and someone will help!! You have to make a decision to quit eating carbs, it's an addiction, just like quitting smoking or anything else!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I will be praying for you, for strength and conviction!!

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing!!
MommaB    :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 05:01:56 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Dannie!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I started in August 2010 and have lost over 70 pounds.
I was FAT and very out of shape, physically.

For the last several months, my weight hasn't changed.
But due to all the work I've been doing around our property (thanks to being healthier), I've put on more muscle mass.

Just remember that weight loss is a secondary benefit to the FTS lifestyle.
The primary benefit is becoming (and staying) a healthy human being! ;D

Replacements for high-carb junk make this not only possible... But VERY doable!
Just commit 100% to becoming a healthy person, and the rest will just fall into place.

Please participate in our conversations often.
You'll be amazed at the benefits you'll receive!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum, dannie20ve.  I just want to add my welcome to the others you have already received.  My advice would be to not give yourself a time limit.  It will take some time for your body to detox from all of the sugar and other carbohydrates it has become accustomed to.  Once you are through that phase, you'll start to feel a lot better, you'll have much more energy for running around the yard with the kids and your clothes will start getting looser. 

I've been an FTSer for a year and have lost 81 pounds.  I'm almost to my goal and I feel great and I'm almost 60 years old.  I'm glad that you found us while you are only 19.  We'll be here for support and advice and you'll have lots of  slim, healthy years ahead of you.

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »
Hi Dannie!!   Welcome to the FTS forum family  ;)   
You bet we can....just a different way than you are used to.  I like to use zucchini or cabbage for my pasta replacement.....Love spaghetti night  ;D   I used to feel stuffed and bloated after a big plate of pasta...not any more!!   You will be running circles around those kids in no time.  You wont believe how much more energy you will have.  Please post often and be a part of the group....it really does help to have a support group.  By the way you don't have to get fancy....you can do this cheaply with every day normal food.  Most of which kids love  :)  So go ahead and buy that book  (you will want to read it every now and again)....post often and get you some free cook books (lots of recipes and ideas on the forum)  And welcome home  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 09:20:48 AM »
Andrea i didn't know you were 60?  :)
Toosweet I agree with you on the bloat thing.All the kids in my family eat low carb and they are the calmest kids you have ever seen. :)