Poll

what are protected carbs?

st
0 (0%)
andard
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: proctected carbs  (Read 2446 times)

cherokeelight

• View Profile
proctected carbs
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »
[What are 'protected carbs' and do we subtract from total carbs..

another question, the text when i am typing and background is lite blue, blind am i, cause i cant read it.   Any suggestions, or ways to correct this .  Thanks

the type is white
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:00:27 AM by umpa »

shawn116

Re: proctected carbs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:45:17 PM »
Hi Cherokeelight  welcome to the FTS forum family  :)

Here is what comes up when I do a search for protected carbs http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_protected_carbs  I really find it funny that it references dreamfields pasta specifically  :-\   If you ask me it is only a marketing ploy to get more sales of their product.  Notice that it states that everyone is different and some diabetics have sugar spikes after eating it??  It makes mine spike as much as if I have eaten regular pasta.  I have a hard time believing that because I am diabetic it affects me and not someone that isn't.  Fooy hooy is what I say  >:(  Here is a list of previous discussions on the subject. http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?action=search2

To calculate your net carbs you only need to know the total carb count - fiber - sugar alcohol (sugar alcohol isn't listed if there isn't any in the product).   Simple as that. 

I'm not sure of your other question.  Are you asking about the back ground or the font color?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:05:31 AM »
Hi Cherokeelight and welcome to the forum.Are you Skychants sister?I changed your font color to white it was set on black.TooSweet is 100 % correct. Carbs are Carbs no matter how they package them. I would not by a product that uses that terminology. Labels aren't always enough sometimes you have to read ingredient list.If the first 3 ingredients are high carb don't buy it. ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:18:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum, cherokeelight.

I agree with Shawn and think "protected carbs" are a marketing ploy.  The ingredients are the true test on this one.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family, cherokeelight!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

There are many out there trying to take our money using deceptive means.
I believe, so-called "protective carbs" is one of them.

The old saying "Buyer beware!" applies here.

Just stick to the FTS rules, and you'll do great! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!