Author Topic: Thinking of having Gastric bypass surgery?? READ THIS FIRST!  (Read 49030 times)

Marty

Re: Thinking of having Gastric bypass surgery?? READ THIS FIRST!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:28:00 PM by Montuen »

joagain

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »
There was a girl that just died form complications from the surgery she was only 27 years old . It is not the fat fix that is for sure . You have founf the fix we just have to STAY the COURSE !!!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 06:32:38 PM »
Marty there's nothing natural about having your guts cut out! Tell your friend that next time he/she tries to advise you.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Marty

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 10:38:51 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:27:31 PM by Montuen »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »
Marty if I can help you please ask.I am Umpa, Dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly ;)

mariairam

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 04:28:04 PM »
Happy  b day margie

snobles

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 04:59:37 PM »
Hi all! Just wanted to share my story! My mother n law just had the gastric bypass surgery done not to terribly long ago. And what we've learned about the whole deal, I will put before and after pics when she looses her weight; per her approval ;D They told her that this procedure was for those who were obies? and you have to eat right! We also had a friend of ours his wife did it, and she seriously dropped the weight and I totally didn't recognize her the next time I saw her, but....she gained all the weight back, because she didn't stick to the program? Kinda like fat to skinny??? But "thankfully" she has stuck to the program, and has lost quite a bit of weight! We are all very proud of the sucess that she has come so far!

darpar62

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 01:59:15 PM »
I know many people that have had the gastric bypass also and only one of my friends is still thin.  Everyone has gained at least a portion of the weight back. The one person I know is extremely thin and I don't know how she does it. At first she was losing too fast and they had to slow it down. So somehow she is still very thin but she doesn't look healthy. Noone else I know has kept the weight off. So statistics show that this is not the best way to go.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »
Some years ago, my wife and I had a friend that had a lap band implanted above her stomach.
Within six months, she lost over 100 lbs. and looked much better.
She also had a "paleness" (a sort of weak look) about her which we thought was odd.

A couple of years after the surgery, she still had an hourglass figure with a narrow waist.
But her hips, fanny, and thighs became VERY large due to weight gain.

Last time I saw her, she had a large bag of nacho flavored Doritos she was munching on.
Watching her walk away, munching from that bag in her hands, left a remarkable impression on me.

We lost track of her a few years back when she got divorced and moved out of state.
But if we ever run into her again, she will learn about the F2S lifestyle.

I pray that these posts will prevent others from going through a surgery that they really don't need!
What you do today is what matters!

nitason1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 09:21:39 PM »
hello im new here and am glad to be here    my sis had the bypass and shes lost about 100#   she too has that pale look  she has diebeties also
but she eats the wrong things  high carb stuff   the one thing too is you have to be careful of malnutrition and not enuf water  but your stomach is so small you cant drink enuf   every one wanted me to have the surgery but im to scared i was looking at the bakery cookbook i cant wait to have my cake and beable to eat it too!   thank you everyone for being here your the best!

owensmath

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »
Welcome, Nitason1 to a new way of living! This is not a diet, but it's a wonderful lifestyle that will help you find the energized, healthy YOU!

joagain

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 06:30:36 AM »
Welcome nitason1  glad you came here instead of the surgery . I know 3 people that had that surgery and all 3 are as big as they were before they had it ,my friend says the doctor said since she lost and gained back that she is like 70% bodyfat . Plus she lost some of her hair at the begining .

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 09:15:02 AM »
Welcome to the Fat to Skinny forum Nitason1.  You will be happy that you chose this route instead of the surgery with much better results!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 01:18:45 PM »
Welcome to the family, nitason1!  :) :) :)

We are here to help one another live this new lifestyle.

After the first couple of weeks, you'll be amazed at how much better you feel and how much more energy you have.
Also, most folks' blood test results (blood sugar, triglycerides, cholesterol, etc.) show HUGE improvements in that time too!

Please stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.
Remember, we're here to help!
What you do today is what matters!

wendyg73

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »
I had the surgery 5 years ago. I dont regret it and have been very lucky to have no medical issues and can eat everything. But mentally i have the same issues...closet eating, stress eating, etc. I still love carbs and junkfood. I did real good the first couple years then pushed my luck and added all the junk back. Now 5 yrs later im eating just like I did before the surgery, and gaining weight back. I think if i stuck to the eating plans and exercised more i would have kept it off, but real life came into play instead. The trick is def no to little carbs eating healthy and exercise. So this plan def has the right ideas. wendyg73