Author Topic: Week 5 - Confusing scales  (Read 1754 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Week 5 - Confusing scales
« on: May 28, 2012, 02:03:21 AM »
Week 5 - 'golly gosh'  :) time just seems to fly.  As much as I enjoy eating the FTS way, cravings just want to linger.  All I imagined this week was a huge bowl of fettucini cabonara.  Yum. Please don't tell me to substitute with zuccini - I would rather just skip it.  How accurate are scales anyway?  I weighed myself this morning about same usual time and had lost some weight, but when weighed myself about 3 hours later (no food or drink in intervening time) just before my shower I hopped on and it dropped down  a significant amount.  (joyous) Disbelief. Hopped off then on and up it went.  Poo!  Decided to disregard that effort and went with the earlier (smaller) loss - I figured if it was more it can catch up to me next week.

Well here we go - ta dah -  another 2lb is consigned to the universe to find a new home. 
A total of 13lbs donated in a good cause.  :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Week 5 - Confusing scales
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:33:11 AM »
Hi Morgan, Miracle Noodles are a great substitute for your old "never gonna eat again pasta"  :o

Your body fluctuates all the time, just weigh yourself once per week or even 2, same time each week. Don't get hung up on a numer your clothes will tell you what's going on  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
I like tofu as a pasta substitute. Sometimes I cut it like macaroni for Doug's WONDERFUL Macafoney and Cheese and sometimes I cut it into flatter, noodle-like shapes. The only thing is that it doesn't absorb liquid so you have to add less liquid or cook it a LOT longer to thicken the sauce - easier to use less liquid.

My (spring) scales used to bounce up and down like that until I got a Taylor digital scale that Tony (mouseissue) recommended. Now they show the same weight even if I change something - like taking off or putting on clothes between weighings! Congrats on the 2 pounds!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 09:25:35 AM »
Yeah Morgan !! ;D Its a love hate relationship with the scale huh? :D Like a old boyfriend!