Author Topic: Dusting off my FTS book  (Read 1945 times)

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Dusting off my FTS book
« on: May 29, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »
Hi everyone. I bought a copy of FTS months ago, skimmed through it and put it on my bookshelf. Its been there ever since, gathering dust while I gather more fat. I got a glimpse of myself in a mirror at a friends house the other day and almost did not recognize myself. I decided then that it is time to do something about all this weight. I am 5'3" and currently bouncing between 262 and 266. I also have type 2 diabetes.

So I've been hanging around the forum reading so many of the awesome success stories. I wanna be one too! I will be getting my book down off the shelf and thoroughly reading it.  I'm not new to low carb. In fact, last year about this time, I began my own plan, no counting, just eating low carb foods and avoiding the white, starchy stuff, but I didnt stick with it. That's what I want now. To stick with it and make this a lifestyle.

I'm kinda scared but excited to start again. But I have to do this for my health. Tomorrow is day 1.
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dusting off my FTS book
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:55:01 PM »
Welcome, itsoversugar.  Pretty soon you'll be imoversugar!  The difference between FTS & the forum and going it alone is that the forum members have lots of experience that can help you as you adjust to your new lifestyle.  Ask questions because, as a group, we've seen it all and have a way for you to work through it.

Have bacon and eggs for breakfast tomorrow.  What a perfect way to start your new life!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
Welcome to the family, Itsoversugar!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Congratulations for making the decision the make yourself a healthier and happier human being!

I'm a former type II diabetic who was cured with this lifestyle.
When I say "cured", I mean I no long have the disease.
But I will always have what caused it... insulin resistance problems.
And for that reason, I choose the FTS lifestyle for my lifetime so that diabetes does not visit me again.

One thing to remember about the FTS lifestyle, it's about "replacements" NOT "deprivation".
Go check out the recipe sections of this forum and look at all the mouthwatering recipes
that "replace" those high-carb things we used to eat.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey!
It's such a wonderful way to live! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »
Hi ho and welcome.  You remind me so much of me.  I'm 5'2-1/2" (that half inch is sooooo important :)) and I started off at 251lb.  I also bought the book, read it and somewhat ignored it for a little while;  then decision made, off I started.  Everyone on the forum is great.  Questions answered, encouragement given, someone to listen if you want to rave or whinge.  I'm sure you will do so great.  The hardest part I think is making the decision to start.  Food is so versatile.  Yesterday, for breakfast,  I had pancakes with raspberries and whipped cream and SF maple syrup - what more can you ask for?  Good luck (though you won't need it).  :D :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 07:49:11 AM »
Welcome to the family :) I know change can be a bit scary. Removing yourself from your comfort zone seems a bit un-natural but trust me change is good! Your health, your life, your future are all up to you. All the answers are in your book and in our forum posts. As you embark on your new lifestyle embrace it and share your menus with us here on the forum so we can catch you if you fall. 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 10:05:35 AM »
Hi Itsoversugar!!   Welcome to the family  ;)