Author Topic: "firsts" or "finally agains"  (Read 6110 times)

owensmath

"firsts" or "finally agains"
« on: May 30, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »
I am very excited for my sweet friend, Maddysmom! She is now able to enjoy riding her family's very own horse after losing 113 pounds by living FTS.

As Doug mentioned, Sherripie had a great moment when she was able to join her family on a roller coaster ride.  

I am wondering what other momentous events or situations others have had-or are looking forward to experiencing- as a result of getting healthier and/or skinnier by living this amazing lifestyle.

Please share your experiences or goals here.

Last Friday, I had to fly from Atlanta to Orlando because of a death in our family. I noticed that the people beside me didn't get that "oh, no, I have to sit next to the fat lady that spillover her seat" look! I also noticed that I didn't even feel the side of the seat against my hips like I always used to. It was amazing to me that I had room to move in the seat and wasn't bruising myself by squeezing into a seat made for "normal" people.  I felt so much more normal.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:43:30 AM by owensmath »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: "firsts" or "finally agains"
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »
... I felt so much more normal.

Feeling NORMAL is GOOD!!! ;D ;D ;D

I've not been so healthy, felt so good, and been so fit since I was in my early 30s!
There's no feeling like it! :)
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 02:26:46 PM »
Thanks so much Donna!  I totally understand the thing about the airplane seats!  "Normal" people just take things like that for granted.  Another thing that used to make me nervous was those little "turn-styles" like where you enter an amusement park. 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »
The thing I am looking forward to most is to wear jeans again.   I know, I know, you don't have to be thin(ner) to wear jeans.  I just don't like the look.  A fat behind and thunderthighs is not a good look on me  :D and if I don't want to look at me then sure as anything no one else does either!  My mainstay is skirts and believe me, I sick of them.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 08:19:14 AM »
You ALL know mine....it was when I put on that Speedo!  :o :o Growing up as a FAT kid my Mom owned a summer camp called Crystal Camp. It was on Crystal Lake and I was a swim instructor All the kids wore speedos...not me, I wore the kind of shorts that the kids wear now.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 09:13:42 AM »
Maddysmom I am so happy you finally got a horse! ;D How cool!
Me it was wearing a two piece bathing suit .This picture was my last bikini picture before I lost weight. :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »
You didn't look very happy with the picture taking, Umpa. :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 04:26:47 PM »
You ALL know mine....it was when I put on that Speedo!  :o :o Growing up as a FAT kid my Mom owned a summer camp called Crystal Camp. It was on Crystal Lake and I was a swim instructor All the kids wore speedos...not me, I wore the kind of shorts that the kids wear now.

Doug - you were just ahead of your time. Broadshorts r very in ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
 :D :D :D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 04:37:12 AM »

Doug - r u aware that in Australia we call speedos 'budgie smugglers'?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
hA!!! COFFEE OUT THE NOSE!!! :D :D :D

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 04:01:58 PM »
I have been afraid to fly or try to ride roller coasters. I have this awful fear of having to get off because I am too large...or of being asked to buy an extra ticket... in front of a bunch of people. So it will be fun to hop on the rides with the girls at Busch Gardens or Islands of Adventure.  ;D I have also been putting off getting family portraits because of my size... and avoiding as many family gatherings as I can manage. At my Mother's Memorial Service I had an older cousin tell me I might as well put a gun in my mouth as another bite of food. Then she told me I was dying and just didn't realize it yet.   :o Oh Boy, did that send me into a feeding frenzy! When we finally scatter Mom's ashes in December... it will be nice to give that old meanie the stink-eye.  ;)

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »
At my Mother's Memorial Service I had an older cousin tell me I might as well put a gun in my mouth as another bite of food. Then she told me I was dying and just didn't realize it yet.    Oh Boy, did that send me into a feeding frenzy! When we finally scatter Mom's ashes in December... it will be nice to give that old meanie the stink-eye.  

Good golly!!   :o :o  And what a time to be saying such things!!  I'm sorry for your lose and that you had to hear such a hurtful thing.... you should have told her that "Yes I can change by losing weight but it is very hard to recover from being a [insert any word you like here]"  HA!  She doesn't know it but she is receiving the stink-eye from South Carolina   >:( 

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:14:52 PM by TooSweet »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »
That's just plain cruel! >:(

My daughter has a bumper sticker on her car that says; "Mean people suck!".
I believe it was designed with someone like your older cousin in mind, Suzanne.

It won't be long before you'll be flaunting your new skinny you body... Then stink-eye away!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
I have been afraid to fly or try to ride roller coasters. I have this awful fear of having to get off because I am too large...or of being asked to buy an extra ticket... in front of a bunch of people. So it will be fun to hop on the rides with the girls at Busch Gardens or Islands of Adventure.  ;D I have also been putting off getting family portraits because of my size... and avoiding as many family gatherings as I can manage. At my Mother's Memorial Service I had an older cousin tell me I might as well put a gun in my mouth as another bite of food. Then she told me I was dying and just didn't realize it yet.   :o Oh Boy, did that send me into a feeding frenzy! When we finally scatter Mom's ashes in December... it will be nice to give that old meanie the stink-eye.  ;)

Hope you crossed her off your Christmas List.  Insensitive people like that just leave me speechless.  Stink-eye all the way from Australia.