Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 3482 times)

Lance

• View Profile
Motivation
« on: June 03, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »
Hey Everyone!

I have reached my second goal about three weeks ago! I currently have lost 51 lbs. and I started Jan. 10 th 2012. However, I still want to loose about 25-35 more pounds. I have been more relaxed in my eating. Munching on a few chips at work, having a few M&M's at a party and drinking more diet pop then I should be. I have maintained my weight but I am not loosing any more. I clearly know why but I need some motivation. I may be getting bored with my food choices? I tend to make the same thing because I know how many carbs it has.  Anyway...thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

THANKS!!!

Lance

• View Profile
Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:42:17 PM »
I just went back and read my post and it seems silly that I don't have the motivation to be more disciplined. I have lost a lot of weight and I don't want to gain it back. I guess I am looking for some tips and support from anyone on how to continue on this journey. This forum is what it's for anyway....right? It just seemed weird to post that I don't have the motivation anymore! Did/do others have this feeling?

csmith71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 09:58:07 PM »
You're doing great.  I am only finishing up my 3rd week and I cannot imagine the discipline it takes to have been going since January.  You obviously know what to do, but I will let others discuss what they do when they are lacking motivation as I am too new.  Just wanted to tell you what a great job you have done so far.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 04:14:08 AM »
Hi lance, I also have only been going for a short time like csmith71.  Regardless of how long you are going I think you need motivation all the way.  If only a short time it's motivation to continue and not just give up because it's all too new/too hard.  The longer it is, they say it should become a habit.  I think perhaps you have to review why you were doing it in the first place.  Have you succeeded in your plans/goals?  Do you want to continue or go back to what made you that way in the first place?  Why would you want to stop?  It is a lifestyle change is it not?  Or do you consider it still a diet that when you reach your goal you just stop and go back to your old habits?  How does this way of eating make you feel?  I'm sure that those that have been doing this longer will have many suggestions for you to stay on track - perhaps trying out totally new recipes.  Good luck, but I'm sure you will do well - look what you have achieved so far.  YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY :D :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:24 AM »
Good morning Lance...the truth is personal motivation is just that...personal. There's no rile in life that says you need to be skinny skinny. The key is to be happy in your own skin. With that said staying away from the foods which will put weight back on is paramount to maintaining your current weight until you choose yourself to lose more.

My suggestion, stay away from really loose fitting clothes,  wear tighter pants  :o :o. This is a very simple way to remind you if you're overdoing it.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
Lance,
Try something simple like increasing the amount of water you are drinking. 

You've already noticed that you're bored with your food so that's something to deal with, too.  How about some time paging through all the fun things that Netrition.com has to offer?  A couple of low or no carb sauces (teryiaki, perhaps) might give you some needed variety.

Doug's right, though, this is very personal.  In order to keep the weight off, your eating changes need to become your new lifestyle.  Boredom will derail your very quickly.  Spice it up!  Make it a game you play with yourself!

Oh, and we've got your back.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 12:36:57 PM »
Hi Lance! :)

The top two causes of motivation loss are discouragement and boredom.
Since you've lost over 50 pounds since January, it doesn't sound like discouragement is it.

But you mentioned that you "may" be getting bored with your food choices.
I venture to say that boredom is likely the primary cause.

Try adding a few more recipes here and there to your menu.
Start out simple and get more complicated later on.
This way you'll learn the carb counts of more food choices and keep it interesting too! ;)

You have the primary ingredient for success and motivation... DESIRE!
Recommit yourself to the FTS rules and you'll do great! ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:23:50 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 03:34:56 PM »
Congratulations on 50 ounds GONE!!
I need to get pumped this week too! I have been "grazing" all day... I have taken in about 40 gr of carb already  :o... and now I feel lethargic and just plain icky. I ate a little less than half of a bun with a chicken breast... I wanted that sandwich feel. It was not nearly as yummy as I anticipated it would be. It is so hard to believe that a few months ago I would have had a whole bun or two, then maybe one toasted with cinnamon sugar and butter as a "snack". Just Ewww.
Thanks for posting about your own set of issues. I think if we all are here for one another, there is no way we can meet with anything less than total success! I find I do better when I up my water or tea with "Zero" intake and add in some walking. I made a playlist that is a half hour long and that is what I use on days I have a hard time getting out the door... I know if I can just make it through that playlist ONCE a day I will see better results the next weigh in. GOOD LUCK! *hugs*

Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 04:42:15 PM »
FIRST...I want to say sorry for taking so long to reply! I appreciate all the advise, tips, and motivation. It think it did help...last Tuesday (my weigh-in day) I was down another 2 lbs!!! Thanks again everyone!

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »
Great job Lance!!  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »
Kudos, Lance! :) :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »
Come on back anytime, Lance, and congrats on the continued success. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
Good job Lance 8)