Author Topic: Dr Oz is an idiot....pure and simple  (Read 16335 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Dr Oz is an idiot....pure and simple
« on: June 29, 2012, 07:26:28 AM »
I received this email last night;

I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and he had a "butt busting" episode. He said the best way to bust your butt fat was the "derriere diet" which means you need to consume carbs as your main calories, he said to cut down on your fat and have 275 grams of carbs a day, 150 grams of protein, and 34 grams of fat a day.  Please comment as this seems so wrong.  I have your book, and although I am not really over weight but I would like to cut down on the belly fat. I only weigh 120 lbs and am 5'4, however I did enjoy your book, and will do what you suggest to keep the belly fat down, as I am 53.......so far so good.
Please comment on Dr. Oz's Tuesday night show. He had women on there with humungous butts and thighs and I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Linda

Dear Linda, Dr Oz is an idiot who's only job is to keep his ratings high. You and I both know how stupid this plan is. If I ate 275 grams of carbs per day my butt and the rest of me would blow up like a balloon in short order!

Doug Varrieur
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Oz is an idiot....pure and simple
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »
Yes, he is!

It's one thing to be ignorant... That can be fixed with knowledge.
But having knowledge and ignoring it, defines a "stupid idiot" and is quite another matter.

Like Ron White says... "You can't fix stupid!".

It pains me to know how many people that are ignorant to the cause of FAT, are being duped by this moron.
And all for the sake of ratings! >:(
What you do today is what matters!

csmith71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
Personally, I like Dr. Oz.  I think he does offer some good insights and he is a very learned man.  With that said, I have seen him have many different guests on promoting all sorts of different diets (high carb, low carb, low fat, low calorie, etc).  Some he has agreed with and some not.  But, we all know through Doug that high carb does not work for losing weight.  I was on the derriere diet for years and I guess if a big behind and size 44 pants was the desired effect, then it was a smashing success.   

csmith71

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »
Scratch my previous comment on Dr. Oz - I went back and actually watched this diet he is promoting.  While he is saying you should choose complex carbs, it is ridiculous that 61% of the recommended calories are coming from carbs.  I have seen him usually promote a lower carb, high glycemic index diet, but this is counter to other things I have seen him promote in the past.
I guess it is all about the ratings.

millie

• View Profile
    • Email
zinc, as per dr. oz
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »
 doug,

OZ MENTIONED THAT TAKING ZINC ONCE A DAY IS GOOD FOR DIETING?

PLEASE ADVICE.

THANKS MILLIE

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
Hi Millie! :)

Zinc is used for many biochemical functions in our bodies.
It's a good idea to be sure you're getting enough (but not too much).

I take a good multivitamin and mineral everyday.
It has plenty of zinc. So I feel confident knowing I'm getting enough.

Here's a good article about zinc and what it does;
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/zinc-page2/vitamins-supplements.htm

And here's one that talks about too much zinc;
http://www.livestrong.com/article/446927-what-does-too-much-zinc-do-to-your-body/

Just remember... Zinc is a trace mineral, your body does not need large quantities.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 06:36:34 PM »
Millie I don't listen to a thing Dr Dud has to say, I agree with Tony...stick to a good multi once per day, in most cases you'll get all you'll need.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Ann B

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »
If anyone needs any more information to explain the ignorant beliefs of Oz and others like him (including my much beloved Dr. Laura Schlessinger), read these 20 Diet Myths-Busted by Zoe Harcombe. 
The Harcombe Diet I read about/listened to a You Tube lecture and was contemplating buying the book when a reviewer at Amazon pointed me to Doug's Book.
http://www.zoeharcombe.com/the-knowledge/20-diet-myths-busted/
This is the link to the free PDF download.   Not the diet, just the myths busted and the truth about how our body works explained. 
FYI to make Fat to Skinny even more successful.
All the best everyone,
Ann

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 10:50:47 PM »
I too like Dr. Oz...maybe because of the way he talks and makes you feel like he is on the same level as you...and maybe it's because he is a "medical Dr."   Not too bad on the eyes either.  :P

But 275g carbs?  I know that is insane.  He knows that is insane!  Come on!  There is NO WAY Dr. Oz eats that many carbs.... Look at him.. NO WAY

I am a a true example of how Carbs make you FAT.  After reading Doug's book and dropping 47lbs in less than 5 months, I know that carbs are killing us...that is why when you walk through the mall, or are at a restaurant, and you look around...the majority of people are overweight in this country. 

I did WW, NS, and every diet out there (including the imfamous water/apple diet my daughter introduced to me)  ::)  The only thing that worked for me was controlling my sugar.   Which I did for a long time with successful results. 

But remember, sugar is addictive and as any addict...I went back to the drug when I felt I could "handle it."  I quickly learned that sugar had a hold on me AGAIN!  It didn't take long for me put those pounds back on. 

However, the thought of even trying to eat 275g carbs per day is insane.  He should be ashamed of himself...there is no way he is eating that many carbs. 

Just my opinion...
Theresa (looking forward to sugar detox again...honestly)

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 09:55:07 AM »
You will feel like a million bucks after detox ;) I think what bothers me about Dr Oz,Oprah, and Paula Deen is they have the power to help millions.Instead they just jump on whats popular at the moment. I am so concerned for the kids in this generation.I have never in my life seen kids as large as they are today,its really sad :(

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 03:15:34 PM »
Hi Ann! :)

Those 20 myths are fascinating and fit into how we live with FTS.

I especially enjoyed the the reading the myths about cholesterol.
It fits in with what a respected heart surgeon believes as well;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4164.msg41159#msg41159

So it comes down to... "Don't believe EVERYTHING you see on TV or read online or newspapers!".
Far too many out there are operating on agendas. The profit motive being the biggest.

Thanks for sharing, Ann!

Tony

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »
I think Dr. Oz is an opportunist who is going for sensationalism at the expense of his audience.  Since there is no consistency to what he presents, it appears that he doesn't really have an opinion, just a stage to perform on.  I think that makes him dangerous, even though he's pretty good on the eyes.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »
Assuming this guy is actually a physician, Dr. Oz is about ratings for his show and not health!

He amuses and confuses an uninformed public.
Is it any wonder there is so much confusion in the country?... This guy peddles some if it!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »
He's a cardiologist/cardiac surgeon.  Definitely an MD.

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »
You get whip lash trying to follow what he suggests on a daily basis  :-\