Author Topic: Question for Doug ?  (Read 1841 times)

momma chops

• View Profile
    • Email
Question for Doug ?
« on: June 29, 2012, 07:21:56 PM »
Got a call from my Mom said took my Dad to the doctor. They told him he is diabetic has high cholesterol. She was wondering if it was safe for him to do fts because they told him no sugar no fats of any kind. Since on fts we do eat fats, she just does not want to make it worse.             

Thank you
                                                                          Liz

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Question for Doug ?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 08:18:07 AM »
Hi Liz, my personal experience eating the FTS lifestyle has cured my type 2 diabetes and balanced my cholesterol. I'm sure you'll find many others fere on the forum with the same results. Eating fats in moderation, especially good fats are very healthy for us. Your dad can eat a lean FTS diet simply by limiting animal fats through trimming his meats and choosing lean cuts, limiting red meats to a couple times per week. He can add seafood, poultry and tofu into his weekly balanced intake for protein.

My suggestion would be to share the book with his doctor, ultimately your Dad needs to listen to his doctors..   
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »
no sugar no fats of any kind.

Liz that in my opinion is a typical answer most doctors give for generalization of the diet he should be eating.  No sugar for the diabetes and no fat for the cholesterol.  I agree with Doug...... ultimately he should listen to his doctor but most of the time when pressed for further detail you will be surprised what they actually mean by that statement.  My doctor told me that as well....but after showing him my FTS book he said it was an excellent diet for me to follow.  He just cautioned me to watch the fats that I take in.  Make sure they are mostly healthy ones and keep it lean otherwise  ;)   Your dads diabetes will definitely improve with eating the FTS lifestyle and may not even need any meds to control it.   I sure wish I had known about FTS from the beginning.  I think for me the hardest part was a feeling of loss of control over my own body.  >:(    FTS gave me that back.   I wish your dad luck in gaining his control back  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 02:00:27 PM »
Hi Momma! :)

Like Doug, I too was cured of type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol by eating the FTS way.

I strongly urge you to follow Doug's recommendations.
They are solid as the FTS program!

My doctor came around AFTER the results of less weight, and good blood panel numbers impressed him.
He became an FTS believer! 8)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:20:33 AM »
I wish your Dad a speedy recovery :)