Author Topic: Good Morning, I am new here, will probably need help and support  (Read 3317 times)

Fletcher

• View Profile
    • Email
Good morning, this is my first post and I am just starting what I hope will be the first day of the rest of my life.  I am very determined and need to lose weight.  Nine months ago, I had bilateral knee replacement and still can't walk without the aid of a walker.  I know it's because of all the extra weight I'm carrying.  It is affecting all aspects of my life, especially my job.  I live in Washington where it rains almost all the time and summer is cherished.  I can't even go out and enjoy the sun after all these months of waiting for nice weather.  I've read all the recipes and gotten some great ideas and hope that I will make it on this journey with the help of everyone on this forum.

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Good Morning, I am new here, will probably need help and support
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:25:56 PM »
 :) Hi! I am still semi-new myself! Welcome!! Getting started is the hardest part. It took me almost a year to get my start. But now that I have... I wonder what took me so long! I walk, but some of the BIGGEST success stories here never did a minute's exercise until they got their weight down. All you have to do see HUGE changes in your body with this life style is; relax, get informed, talk it out in this awesome safe place when you need to, and eat! This group of people is incredible...the support you will find here will definitely help you take each new step. Whenever I need motivation I read through the past post of some of the most successful people here and am just blown away by not only their attitudes, but how they evolved during their journey, and the love and support they have given along the way. You just have to keep going (even on a temptation-heavy day) when you see how they have progressed. You can do it...I can do it! We can all reach and maintain our goals...for the first time in my life... I really believe it is possible!
Best of luck! *hugs*
 :D

Fletcher

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »
Thank you!!!  I have been reading a lot of the posts and many, many recipes.  I just watched the reality show and am blown away.  I have read a lot of heart felt messages and am very happy to have this forum to connect with people that share my problems.   I look forward to the encouragement and also encouraging others as I follow this path!!! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Fletcher!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You're in great company!

We're all in the same boat as you.
And we're all here to help one another reach our weight loss goals and become healthier, happier people!

We'll be here for you whenever you need us.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 04:04:40 AM »
Welcome Fletcher  :D U will meet some fantastic people here all ready and willing to help.  I don't think you will face anything that someone here hasn't already faced.  I've found (in my instance) that the more you participate the easier it is to continue on the FTS way.  So once again - Welcome - looking forward to reading your posts.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 09:58:48 AM »
Welcome Fletcher! :) I am Umpa ,Dougs wife and your new best friend! You can do this and I am going to help you! ;) I have a board on the homepage called Ask Umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. There are alot of great people here to help you so don't be a stranger! :)

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum family Fletcher!   ;D

Fletcher

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 01:33:10 PM »
Good Morning!!!  Thank you everyone for your kind words of support.  Today is day 2, day 1 went really well.  Today I want to cook up some things to take for lunch all week.  Thanks to the recipe section, I have some fantastic ideas.  I am very excited, which is unusual for me when I take away my favorite foods (sweets).  I look forward to taking this journey with all of you.   :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »
Don't remove Fletcher ,Replace. ;)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 02:53:31 PM »
Welcome from one newbie to another..... Let the fun begin : )

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 09:42:16 AM »
Welcome, Fletcher.  Come visit often!