Author Topic: carb count pages?  (Read 5956 times)

deblynbr

• View Profile
carb count pages?
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted to post separate pages/posts of the different groups of carb counts? example: 0-carb items -- 1 carb items-- 2 carb items. and so on. I'm not wanting to step on anyones toes here, just wondering if this would be helpful to anyone else?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: carb count pages?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »
You are not going to step on anyones toes ;) Make yourself at home.If you want to post these pages feel free :) Are you still having problems with carb counts?

deblynbr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 12:17:16 PM »
I would say that I do pretty good with them. its when I have to measure out a recipe that I become lazy or lost. for so many years i have thrown things together its hard to not still do that. but having the low carb items does make it a healther choice/meal and with less sugar I'm not having cravings or as hungry so my portions are smaller.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 12:25:11 PM »
It takes time to break old patterns and relearn how to make choices.  You will get familiar with the carb counts of your commonly used ingredients over time and it will become easier to figure out carb totals in recipes.  We all need to "recalibrate" every once in a while, even if we've been FTSing for a long time. 

deblynbr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 07:29:24 AM »
Thanks Andrea, I'm sure your right. I think I do better  if I can keep it simple, meats and veggies.  I was trying to add up in my head no more than 5 carbs per meal. but when you see all these wonderful recipes I start exploring/experimenting. and I'm pretty sure it shows up on the scale! ha ha!  it is all new to me right  I do need to be more mindful in weighing and measuring my food. I have the perfect portions scale, that gives the nutrition facts. but again you have to enter the code per item.  :-*. ok! new task for the week, measure and weigh items to learn carb counts.  thanks again Andrea and Umpa.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 08:35:02 AM »
I kept it simple in the early months, too.  Too many choices was an issue for me, too.  I concentrate on recipes for meals, not desserts or sweets.  You are transitioning your thinking, your shopping and your cooking and this is the foundation for a lifetime.  It makes sense that it takes time to adjust.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »
Refresher course is always good for carb counts, even I mess them up sometimes because of different brands ;)

deblynbr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »
Umpa, I love baking and all these recipes
Gots me so pumped! Haha!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 09:07:37 AM »
I love to bake from scratch so I can change things up  :) I am making brussadella today ;)

deblynbr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 07:56:20 AM »
Brussadella? Hmm… do I dare ASK?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 09:03:13 AM »
 :D :D Its a italian cake bread. You have to use soy flour for it to come out right which is higher carb.