Author Topic: does this look about right?  (Read 9139 times)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
does this look about right?
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:27:17 PM »
breakfast- coffee 8oz with stevia and heavy whipping cream     1.0 net carb
                3 scrambled eggs with whipping cream                    1.8
                1/3 cups spinach                                                    2.0
                1/4 cup mushroom                                                 1.0
                2 slices yellow cheese                                              0.0

snack- 2 cheese sticks                                                          0.0

lunch- sandwich steak chopped with 1/4 cup mushrooms        1.0
           & 2 slices cheese

snacks- 2 jello sugar free                                                        0.0
           2 cheese sticks                                                          0.0
          almonds (30)                                                              2.0

dinner- chicken                                                                  0.0
sour cream 2 tablespoon                                                     1.0
cheese 1/4 cup                                                                    1.0
medium avacado mashed                                                      4.0

owensmath

Re: does this look about right?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »
Looks pretty good. I was wondering, though, if your cheese slices are Pre-packaged as slices or if you are slicing them. Just be sure to check all labels. I have Ben amazed at the crbs in meats and cheeses sometimes. 

You are off to a great start!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:52:06 PM »
I agree with Owensmath.  It looks like your counts are pretty good.  I was wondering about the cheese slices being packaged also  Haha  ;)  You didn't mention how your chicken was prepaired  ::)  any spices, garlic, sauces etc....this could add extra carbs without you realizing.  The next thing I'm noticing is the amount of cheese you are having throughout the day.   When I have to much dairy regardless if I am way under in my carbs I don't see any change in the scale.   :-\  Just a thought you might want to consider

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:37:24 AM »
It does look good to me also but the cheese really stands out.  Even a real cheese is going to be 1 carb per oz and if the slices are processed that is bad news....  :)

millie

• View Profile
    • Email
umpa
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:41:51 AM »
 hello its millie,

i am desperately seeking a recipe that i can use soy flour, please help.

thanks
 enjoy your day.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »
Scones Milli  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 10:13:32 AM »
Pre= packaged cheeses ,sliced or shredded, are covered in potato starch so they don't stick together. Do your own or go to the deli. ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 10:18:09 AM »
You can count shredding your own cheese as exercise!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »
For bat flaps!!  :D
Good Morning Andrea  :)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:06:57 PM »
hi friends
the cheese is prepackaged, and i have noticed some have 1 carb per slice , but the ones i use say 0 carbs per slice. does the net carb change if you use multiple slices? also if i go to the deli and have it sliced to prevent the potato starch on it how will i know how many carbs to count it as?

and i prepare my chicken in some oliver oil, or sometimes a pad of butter fried in pan . no spices or sauces. just salt and pepper .

how about hot sauce ? yay or nay?

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 12:32:36 PM »
how about hot sauce ? yay or nay?
  Yay!!  LOL  just make sure you check the label  ;) 

You can ask the person in the deli to see the nutrition labels.  They should be very happy to help.  I'm not sure about the multiple slices unless they are listed as less than a carb ( <1g) In that case I would always count it as 1 to keep your servings in check.  For me though the cheese is something that has tripped me up.  I have to watch the amount I eat closely.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 12:41:57 PM »
The nutrition reporting rules say that the manufacturers can put zero if it is less than .5 grams per serving.  Sometimes the serving size is small enough that the carbs are less than .5 but so small that a reasonable serving is bigger and there are really countable net carbs.  

The cheese from the deli will be 0 carbs because they aren't coating it to keep the slices separate.

Check the label on your hot sauce then you decide if you want to "spend" the carbs for it.  

Once you get the hang of this lifestyle, you'll look at 3 scrambled eggs and wonder how you ever at that much at one time.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 09:29:14 PM »
Thanks Andrea and TooSweet! jeez sooooo many fine details to know... can be overwhelming being the "type A" person i am.
thanks again.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 08:43:42 AM »
Soon we will take off your training wheels and you will be riding solo! :D Just kidding! Once you learn you have the info for life! The problem is dishonest food labels.If I could fix that I would. ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 09:44:34 AM »
Just for the record, you aren't the only Type A.  I've been accused of being one.  Anyone shocked by that admission?