Author Topic: Am I doing something wrong?  (Read 5477 times)

Mocha00

• View Profile
Am I doing something wrong?
« on: July 11, 2012, 03:26:08 PM »
Ok, so I started the FTS plan officially on July 7th. I keep reading about the detox and how you will experience headaches. I haven't experienced this as of yet. I do feel like I am no where near as sluggish as I used to be eating sugar/carbs, I have more energy. I also seems like as if my stomach wants to do a topsy turvy on me.. like almost make me think im hungry when I'm not, especially since I could have just eaten an hour ago for example (hope this makes since..lol). I make sure I drink plenty of water, and usually it goes away after I do that. Is this part of the detox? I guess I am wanting to know what other peoples experiences were in regards to their body detoxing so I can get an idea.

P.S. Sorry if this sounds confusing..lol

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Am I doing something wrong?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:43:47 PM »
 ;D Everyone is different, you're not doing anything wrong at all. The odd feeling your getting in your stomach are cravings just being delivered to you in a different way :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Mocha00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53:45 PM »
Thanks Doug... I figured it may be because my body is used to the carbs and how it fills it up, and since the intake has dramatically dropped it was the reason it was doing it. I just had to ask.

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »
Hi Mocha!! <Waterllilly waves hand>

I agree with Doug in that we experience things differently. That's great you don't have any headaches! As for the stomach flip, my thought on that is stomach acid. I had read somewhere (don't remember where) that when we eat too many carbs, our stomachs have to produce a LOT of acid to digest that junk. When we stop eating carby junk, our stomachs take a while to catch up on the acid production. It happened to me a couple of days ago so I took some rolaids and I felt better. I think our bodies go through an adjustment period that includes fixing what needs to be, now that we're giving it what it needs to pull things together. I see any detox signs as good signs and they do go away.

Mocha00

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 07:31:02 PM »
Waterlilly that makes sense! By me being a dessert junkie, I know I was inhaling carbs like nobodys business! I feel the same way that any signs that my body is detoxing is a good thing.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:57:11 AM »
Welcome Mocha!  :) i am Umpa,Dougs wife. If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly,even desserts! In two weeks you will feel like a million bucks and your energy will be through the roof! Your body is detoxing from the sugar in the same way people detox from drugs or smoking.Sugar is a drug,it releases dopamine(the feel good drug) into your brain. Carbs burn quickly leaving you wanting more,where protein has a slow burn keeping you full longer. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
Welcome to the family, Mocha!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

When I went through sugar detox, I too had tummy issues.
I could have waited it out. But my wife went out and bought me some low carb yogurt at Kroger's.
Within minutes of eating it, I felt so much better. :)

Some folks go through sugar detox and hardly notice a thing.
Others have headaches, tummy problems, nervousness, etc..
As no two of us are alike, sugar detox is quite a personal experience.

However, one thing that is fairy common is intensified cravings for carbs.
But this does pass. 8)
What you do today is what matters!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 01:09:21 PM »
Lucky YOU!!!! LOL
when i detoxed a short 3 weeks ago, i was nervous, anxious, sweating, and felt like i was crawling out of my skin. i never want to have to go through that again !
best wishes to you

Mocha00

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
Spatrizio I get anxious at times too..havent quite experience the other stuff yet..lol. You really had it bad... Oh Lord Jesus I hope that part is over for you..lol.

Mouseissue.. I have been trying to find low carb yogurt and I have been having a hard time with it... Could you tell me a good brand to buy?

Umpa... I will definitely be looking into it  ;D

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 11:03:50 PM »
Hi Mocha00  Here is a link to a few posts about low carb yogurt http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1709.0  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3986.0  Or here http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2603.0  as you can tell many of us like yogurt   ;D  I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to the nearest Kroger's store to get the carbmaster (their store brand).  They have lots of flavors to choose from, but I know many don't have a Kroger's near them.   I don't know of any other stores that carry one that is comparable.  My local grocery does carry the Dannon carb & sugar control Light & Fit. http://lightnfit.com/product_details_carbsugar.html   It's a smaller serving but is pretty good.  I have only seen strawberry and vanilla flavors in that one so far though.   Of course you could also just make Katary's better than yogurt recipe http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=883.30 It's pretty darn good  :)  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:08:55 PM by TooSweet »

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 09:31:39 PM »
Ooohh! :o :o Love love love the carbmaster yogurt! Plus, you get a big 'ol tub of it. My favorite is the raspberry white chocolate!

Before I started FTS, I tried other types of low carbing that limited what I could eat in the beginning and I was supposed to "Graduate" up to the next food. Other options flipped out at the thought of low carb yogurt because of the artificial sweetener. Now I'm just getting started on FTS again, but what I found is that having the flexibility to have stuff like that yogurt (or a LC wrap , if that's your thing) but keeping my carbs at 20 or less was STILL FINE and worked GREAT for me. NO cravings and I was losing weight (even though I refused to see it but that was last time). I second the benefits of probiotic food. The Dannon is OK but I prefer the Kroger brand. I should pick up some of that tomorrow.....

Mocha00

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 12:59:32 AM »
TooSweet and Waterlilly.. The closest Kroger store to me is an hour away... so thats not happening..lol. I will definitely be checking out those websites TooSweet.. thanks a lot!

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 01:22:47 AM »
My daughter is in college in the nearest town with the Kroger's.  I like to take a cooler with me when I go visit.   ;D  Like I said an hour and a half so I understand completely.  It's a win win for me to drive it though  HA!  Try the Dannon it's pretty good only you just don't get as much  ;) however you should be able to ask your grocer to get it if they don't already. 

Waterlilly I agree with you the raspberry white chocolate is really good but I have to say the banana cream pie is my favorite  by far  ;D

I'm glad the daughter is heading back to school again soon  :-\

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 08:22:58 AM »
Mocha

Here is the list of Kroger stores: http://www.thekrogerco.com/

If you have one of the affiliate stores near you, that would probably work.

When I lived in the south, I really liked Winn Dixie (as opposed to Publix). Winn Dixie reminded me of Kroger. Probably why I liked it.

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 10:16:15 AM »
I really liked Winn Dixie too, but I'm sad to say ours closed down  :'(