Author Topic: Low Carb Blackberry Cinnamon Flapjacks and Charlies Cajun Red Hots!  (Read 4093 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
It's blackberry season here in the mountains of Western NC and I went picking this week. In short order I had a couple quarts of these wonderful berries high in fiber, and low in carbs. I love blackberries and they freeze wonderfully so go picking  8)

Low Carb Blackberry Cinnamon Flapjacks and Charlies Cajun Red Hots!

Ingredients

2 cups golden flax seed meal
tablespoon baking powder
3 eggs beaten
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
additional water per recipe
1 teaspoon cinnamon
36 drops FAT TO SKINNY Zero Sweetener
1 cup blackberries (plus extra for garnish)
4 links Charlies Cajun Red Hots!
2 tablespoons butter
sugar free pancake syrup

Directions

1- Heat a nonstick griddle up to medium high heat
2- Beat the flax, baking powder, eggs, water, cream, sweetener, and cinnamon in a stand mixer or use a hand mixer until well incorporated, set aside to rest for 5-6 minutes.
3- Slice the red hots into 3 slices each and place on the griddle over some melted butter
4- Stir the batter and judge how thick it is, flax will thicken as it sits. Add water 2 or 3 tablespoons at a time beating in between until the batter is still thick but pourable.
5- Add the blackberries into the batter and gently stir
6- melt some butter onto the griddle and pour on your batter.
7- Flip the flapjacks when the tops start to bubble, cook to golden brown.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:50:25 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Low Carb Blackberry Cinnamon Flapjacks and Charlies Cajun Red Hots!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »
The redhots are a ZERO!! :)

deblynbr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 08:28:09 AM »
Good Morning Doug,

The flapjacks look delicious with blackberries. (also my favorite berry) I made a half of recipe of  pancakes yesterday out of the bakery book.   added cinnamon as well. they were perfect. I use zero as my go to sweetner for everything  :-*  anyways I was wondering a few things about the flax meal/flour can we have that everyday? It seems to do wonders for me in many ways. yesterday I didnt feel hunger until 3 pm after a 7 am breakfast. and then just the satisfication of having them taste so darn good!  also, when I went shopping for log cabin syrup I noticed a new sugarfree ihops syrup and comparing to the best of my knowledge I chose the Ihops because of the carbs were 5 and sugar alcohol was 4  which were lower than the log cabin counts, which I believe were 11 and 10. just wondering if I am missing something in my comparisons? also what are the net carbs for this recipe? thank you and Happy 4th of July. ( hubbys birthday)  Deb

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:36:08 AM »
Happy Hubby birthday! :) You can eat flax everyday.It will fill you up and keep you full for a long period of time.It is also heartsmart,a superfood. Sugar alcohols can slow weight loss in some people.There are 8 carbs in the cup of berries.You can reduce the carbs by reducing berries.There are 3 carbs in pancakes.Then add the carbs for your syrup.When you hit 50 posts get a carb counter.I still use mine 3 or 4 times a week. ;) You just type in the name of the food and the carb count pops  :)up!